Manager Operations, Sales Learning & Development
The mission of Global Sales Strategy & Operations (GSSO) is to improve seller productivity through process design, territory planning, technology, learning and enablement, analytics and more. The team strives to simplify and improve the seller experience, remove obstacles, and provide data to make the right decisions.
The Sales Learning & Enablement function ensures the salesforce has the skills and resources they need to be successful in their roles at every point in their development.
The Sales Learning & Development (SL&D) team’s mission is to develop the most productive sales force in Gartner’s history.
Reporting to the MVP of Sales Learning & Development, the Manager of Operations will play a critical role in executing the strategy and priorities for the function to ensure maximum impact for the salesforce. They will use strong analytical, problem solving, program management and leadership skills to aid the MVP, SL&D with the daily operations of the function.
Position Accountabilities and Specific Duties
- Implements SL&D strategy to meet the business objectives for each program
- Enhance, iterate, and build processes to support the running of the SL&D function, including how we measure impact and effectiveness of the group, drive ongoing improvement, communicate effective across the team, and build team culture
- Serves as a PMO for the group driving rigorous project management and organization across multiple workstreams – move initiatives forward, manage and coordinate with all stakeholders and contributors.
- Excellent analytical skills: ability to analyze large datasets and translate raw information into actionable insights so that it can be easily understood and used by the organization.
- Ensure accurate analytics, monitor key business drivers, identify, and drive operational improvements, provide transparency of results to key business leaders, and ensure informed decision making.
- Proven ability to understand business initiatives and challenges, and to recommend business solutions using fact-based analytics
- Curiosity: Interest in understanding complex problems to identify underlying drivers and surface interesting new approaches that can scale
- Collaborate closely with Sales leaders and business partners to ensure we are meeting Sale’s objectives
- Lead preparation and development of ‘executive level’ meeting material and presentations; represent the function at key leadership meetings
- ‘Connect the Dots’ - Partners across the GSSO and LLOE to ensure the SL&D function stays aligned with overall GSSO strategy and initiatives; collaborates with NCVI partners to stay abreast of initiatives that impact SL&D
- ~5+ years business experience preferably in or supporting research sales or similar business.
- Comprehensive understanding of sales operations, both systems and processes.
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of operations strategy, trends, issues and data analysis to deliver against business objectives. Ability to use judgment to analyze and evaluate varying factors to find solutions.
- Ability to “see past the numbers”, adapt to change and effectively explain concepts to audiences with varying levels of experience/understanding.
- Strong collaborator who is able to bring others together to resolve problems, clarify or interpret complex information.
- Demonstrated abilities in project execution.
- Highly competent user of Excel and PowerPoint.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:76471
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.