About this role:
The Associate Legal Counsel is responsible for review and negotiation of sales agreements; includes interface with Gartner clients (procurement and legal), Gartner’s sales organization, legal organization, finance organization and operating business units to ensure compliance with not only country-level legal requirements, but also internal policies and legal standards.
What you’ll do -
- Support Sales teams in reviewing Client negotiations, Requests for Quotes (RFQ), Requests for Proposals (RFP) and other forms of solicitations for Gartner services; preparing, communicating and negotiating exceptions to proposed contract terms within Corporate guidelines, where applicable, and assisting ancillary information requests related to contractual and business matters.
- Review and negotiate, as needed, Sales Contracts (master agreements and transactional agreements), Purchase Orders, Variations, etc. Review and negotiation of Sales Contracts includes client contract templates.
- Manage Gartner’s contracts and contractual relationships within assigned territory.
- Understand and communicate contractual requirements to internal stakeholders, including data capture of negotiated clauses.
- Work with Gartner’s legal team on negotiations and strategies for non-standard terms and finalizing agreements and RFPs.
- Conduct individual or small team “issue-specific” training for internal stakeholders, as applicable.
- Answer inquiries from and propose problem resolution for Gartner’s internal finance team for booking and accounts receivables issues.
Impact of Role: Expected Results
- Successfully resolve multiple active contract negotiations in a timely manner
- Proactively identify and liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure appropriate protection of Gartner’s interests, while concentrating on the issues that really matter.
- Negotiate with senior client management.
- Protection of Gartner’s intellectual property and limit Gartner’s liability
- Build and maintain relationships with Clients and Gartner associates.
- Perform well under pressure and fulfill tight deadlines.
- Quickly gain an understanding of Gartner services
What you’ll need -
- University degree in law – JD\LLB\LLM equivalent and approximately 3-5 years of professional experience
- Strong contract reading comprehension and interpretive skills.
- Expertise in contract drafting and negotiation and ability to handle numerous active negotiations in parallel.
- Client-facing experience negotiating contracts with client legal & procurements departments is preferred.
- Ability to influence others / excellent communication skills developed in a sales-driven or similar time-sensitive environment
- Willingness to assume responsibility and adaptability for the role, including problem-solving independently and while displaying a sense of urgency to the business.
- Ability to prioritize workload based on value of business to Gartner versus complexity of negotiation while working to month-end and quarter-end sales deadlines.
- Requires good interpersonal skills to handle pressure from sales and consulting management.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mind-set are central to our values.
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company.
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo.
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance-based recognition and rewards
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:76460
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.