About Gartner Digital Markets:
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology choices and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three top brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a start-up, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
About the role:
The ideal Software Engineer candidate has a passion for coding and keeping up with the latest in software development and technology. This will be part of our India team at Gurgaon. You must be excited to find creative solutions to interesting coding challenges. This position works closely with our designers and engineers to build a compelling product and implement exciting new features--all with the goal of ensuring a great experience for website users. Familiarity with OS-specific APIs and demonstrated experience launching production-ready code is a must.
What will you do:
- Develop high quality, innovative, flexible, and scalable technical solutions for the Capterra brand.
- Work on critical applications for the Capterra and Gartner Digital Markets brands.
- Perform hands-on development and provide thoughtful code reviews and architectural insights.
- Design, develop, test and support applications and services using ReactJS, Node.js, and other languages and frameworks.
- Follow Agile Development methodologies.
What you will need:
- 3+ years in enterprise software engineering.
- 2/3+ years’ experience developing with React in production environments (State management, Context API, Hooks, Memorization, CSR/SSR/SSG).
- Advanced knowledge of software development methods and best practices.
- A passion for engineering, learning, and teamwork is a must!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering is a plus.
- Verbal English skills (we work in English!)
- Nice to haves, depending on the team:
- Experience with design systems.
- Experience with Tailwind CSS.
- Experience with NextJS.
- Experience with Trunk Based Development and CI/CD.
- Worked with Micro frontend applications.
- Involvement with Page Speed Optimization / Core Web Vitals.
- Experience with A/B Testing.
- Experience or familiarity with SEM, SEO, or Google AdWords
What you will get:
● Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy and more!
○ India: Group Medical Insurance, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
● Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity
● Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:76413
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.