About Gartner IT:
Join a world-class team of skilled engineers who build creative digital solutions to support our colleagues and clients. We make a broad organizational impact by delivering cutting-edge technology solutions that power Gartner. Gartner IT values its culture of nonstop innovation, an outcome-driven approach to success, and the notion that great ideas can come from anyone on the team.
About the role:
Provide technical leadership in Database Services and assist with modernization of Database platforms to leverage evolving data storage architecture that meets the shifting needs of the organization at business velocity. Develop the technical strategy and build Gartner’s database solutions using next generation of data storage capabilities to keep up with business needs.
What you will do:
- Forge strong relationships with Application Development leaders and architects to develop futureproof database strategies that align to specific business requirements while meeting the needs of the wider organization
- Responsible for designing, integrating and managing enterprise level database systems that are highly available, performant, secure, and scalable
- Develop modern strategies for automation, security/patching, scalability, manageability, high availability, performance, cost optimization, and disaster recovery
- Develop architectural patterns that aligns with strategies for enterprise and increase utilization of automation to realize those strategies at scale
- Monitor changes in the industry and evaluate different database technologies based on business requirements and strategies for enterprise and to provide continuous improvements
- Seek alternative opensource based solutions to reduce reliance on vendor supported platforms where applicable
- Ensure feedback loop exists with Operations leadership to make continuous process improvements
- Provide periodic roadmap updates and other strategic improvements to management and business units on various aspects and capabilities of the Database Engineering group
What you will need:
- 10+ years of information technology experience, at least 5 of them in a relevant database architecture role.
- Highly experienced with building & managing highly available databases on most popular DB platforms (Aurora Postgres, Azure Synapse, Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Experienced with architecting, setting up and managing scalable databases in AWS RDS and Azure
- Experienced in building database solutions for modern cloud application architectures
- Strong knowledge of data warehouse systems and MPP database architecture desired
- Experienced with IaC and automation tools around database deployments (Terraform, Cloudformation, Azure Resource Manager, Jenkins, etc.)
- Knowledge of NoSQL platforms (DynamoDB, CosmosDB, MongoDB, MarkLogic, Neo4j, etc.)
- Experience or in depth knowledge of Data integration technologies in AWS (Glue) and/or Azure (ADF)
- Experienced with planning and execution of large-scale data migrations across many different technologies
- Hands on experience with SQL and DB performance tuning and rapid problem troubleshooting/resolution
- Experienced with migrating critical production DB workloads to new platforms and from on-premise to cloud
- Expertise with architecture design, capacity planning, performance tuning, back-up and recovery, and 24/7 operational support, in a large-scale enterprise environment that demands high availability
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Strong service orientated, collaborative attitude with both peers and internal customers
- Constant process improvement thinking to reduce delivery time and develop innovative solutions
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:76307
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.