About this role:
This role creates thought leading software and cloud services research and analysis to our Sourcing, Procurement and Vendor Management clients, and other IT leaders including CIOs through published research, conversations with clients (Inquiry), stage presentations, and client meetings. It is important that you have current knowledge of contracting and negotiations with mega vendors, which will evolve worldwide and at a regional level.
What you’ll do:
As a Gartner analyst you will meet with senior level clients every day: in a video conference, from the stage at a Gartner event (or from your home stage for a virtual event) or face-to-face during a sales support visit. In all client interaction analysts help clients solve difficult puzzles that lead to better performance and business outcomes. To support these conversations you will research markets, practices and trends and produce written research for Gartner clients to leverage.
- Conduct research and analysis in software and cloud services pricing, trends, contracting and vendor management
- Demonstrate thought-leadership in establishing research positions in the primary research coverage
- Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within overall software and cloud services
- Help clients in their sourcing strategy, negotiation, vendor management processes and practices
- Respond to client questions, create materials for and deliver to clients in person, via video conference or webinar and event presentations
- Deliver high quality actionable advice through a variety of media
- Write high quality, clear, actionable research
- Create and deliver high-value presentations at our events and to small groups of clients and/or prospects
- Proactively work with the wider sales organization and deliver outstanding sales support to retain and grow the business
- Provide high quality and timely internal review and feedback on other analysts’ research
- Lead or participate in research community meetings to discuss research issues and collaborate with peers globally as well as in Japan
- Maintain Gartner’s industry leadership reputation by responding to press inquiries
What you’ll need:
It helps to be obsessed with your topic! Gartner analysts are correctly viewed as THE experts. This means you need to know your markets, vendors, trends, management practices, etc. and be able to see the forest and the trees. Most Gartner analysts have many years of experience and enjoy solving puzzles. You are analytical, have a passion for researching, and able to synthesize your findings into actionable, consumable insights. You are also innately curious about the future, and exploring the “What if?”
- Subject matter expertise in software & cloud services broadly, with the ability to demonstrate an understanding of negotiation best practices and trends in the market
- Bachelor`s degree (Master`s preferred)
- Native-level Japanese and business-level English language ability
- Minimum of 8 years work experience in technology procurement, category management, vendor management or software asset management within a buying organization, outsourcer, consulting firm or reseller.
- Experience with global large software vendors and cloud providers such as, Microsoft, SAP, Oracle, Salesforce or ServiceNow is desired. This should be augmented by an understanding and curiosity about the larger business impact of new technology and business trends on software and cloud service contracting models and costs, and how these can be navigated successfully
- Solid understanding of sourcing/procurement or vendor management best practices
- Effective collaborator comfortable working across a multicultural and multigenerational global team
- Demonstrated superior analytical skills, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns while drawing and defending conclusions. Strong business and financial acumen as well as analytical skills are required for this position
- A self-starter, proactive and possesses a strong sense of ownership, with the ability to manage projects effectively
- Accustomed full-remote work environment as normal
- Strong experience negotiating with other large software vendors and cloud providers
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:76282
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.