Gartner Analysts are industry thought leaders who create must-have research, market predictions and best practices for a broad range of world-leading organizations. A Senior Director serves as a leader within Gartner’s Research and Advisory sector, establishing oneself as a credible voice at local, regional and global levels. Utilizing exceptional research and analytical skills, a Senior Director plays a significant role in producing pragmatic and provocative research focused on strategic financial planning for cybersecurity initiatives including building business cases for cybersecurity investments in technologies and operations, developing outcome driven metrics, building frameworks for strategic technology spend which Gartner clients consume and apply to propel their business toward key objectives. They are a trusted source of advice for clients, reinforcing Gartner’s value every day by engaging them via in-person meetings, virtual meetings, sales support visits and Gartner conferences to discuss complex client challenges and offer appropriate recommendations.
What you will do:
- Create innovative, thought provoking, and highly leveraged “must-have research” content with a focus on communicating the business value of cybersecurity investments through frameworks and tools for our clients to use for strategic financial planning and budget justification.
- Develop new research and ideas through thought leadership and offer compelling , actionable approaches to client's needs and requests, accelerating the client's ability to rationalize security budget, develop long term strategies for scalable and business-supported investment in cybersecurity technologies and operations, and develop ROI calculations and outcome driven metrics.
- Develop in-depth analysis to identify the root cause of a client’s barriers or overall needs and reframe thinking to drive strategy forward
- Provide clients and prospects with actionable advice aligned to their designated content area via virtual or face-to-face interactions
- Create and deliver high value presentation materials on and off stage for Gartner events, industry and professional association conferences, and client briefings
- Support Research and Sales: Provide sales support serving as voice of the market to help research teams create content and to drive engagement with clients to make progress against their critical priorities to grow their business
- Provide high quality andtimely research content peer review
- Build credibility as an industry expert to represent Gartner research, methodology and strategy
- Actively participate in innovation, ideation, and research discussions and collaborate effectively with peers in the research community
- Identify research process improvements or develop new processes that help the team and Research & Advisory provide excellent service delivery
- Be a mentor and a coach by supporting more junior team members
- Be client-centric while actively seeking to help clients engage regularly and often with Gartner research and interactions
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business operations or equivalent experience; MBA preferred
- 12+ years of relevant field or industry experience with a focus on finance and strategic planning for technology initiatives (cybersecurity preferred)
- Demonstrate executive presence; can immediately establish credibility with executives and additional stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills; ability to work under tight deadlines and produce high quality deliverables
- Demonstrate excellence in research and writing ability
- Strong written and verbal proficiency, analytical and presentation skills; ability to engage clients and respond effectively to questions
- Proficient in analyzing and synthesizing data; can effectively apply patterns and frameworks while drawing and defending conclusions to client challenges
- Strong communicator who is able to explain complex concepts concisely and simply
- Subject matter expert comfortable presenting at large and small-scale speaking engagements
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Deep knowledge of the global and competitive landscape within subject area as well as the interplay in that market
- Ability to work independently, while also being intrinsically motivated to collaborate across teams and support the workflow of others, in a multicultural global team
- Learning agile and adept with navigating highly matrixed environments
- Ability to represent Gartner's research methodology and strategies effectively at all levels
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% (where applicable)
What you will get:
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, <insert country specific benefits here> and more!
- US: Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 401K matching
- CANADA: Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- UK: Private Medical and Dental Insurance, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- India: Group Medical Insurance, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- AUZ: Health Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Ireland: Private Medical Insurance (PMI), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Parental Leave
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity
- Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. Certain locations in the United States require job postings to include a reasonable estimate of the base salary range and/or a general description of benefits and other compensation applicable to the role. For this role in those locations, the base salary range for new hires is:
California Annualized Base Pay Range: 150,000 USD - 170,000 USD
Colorado Annualized Base Pay Range: 150,000 USD - 170,000 USD
New Jersey Annualized Base Pay Range: 150,000 USD - 170,000 USD
New York Annualized Base Pay Range: 150,000 USD - 170,000 USD
Washington Annualized Base Pay Range: 150,000 USD - 170,000 USD
Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:76278
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.