About this role:
The Tax Associate will provide international tax support for U.S. publicly traded company with business operations in 85 countries. The position involves a high level of interaction with employees throughout the organization, including the treasury, accounting, finance, and legal departments
What you’ll do:
• This individual will work on a variety of international tax matters including but not limited to the following activities:
• Prepare U.S. GAAP monthly, quarterly and annual income tax provisions and FIN48 /ASC 740 reserves
• Prepare U.S. and non-US tax returns pertaining to non-U.S. operations
• Interact with local accountants and non-US tax advisors to co-ordinate the preparation of local income tax returns
• Calculate Earnings and Profits, Tax Pools, and Subpart F income for Non-US entities, working with tax manager/director
• Complete U.S. Tax Forms 5471, 8858 and 1118
• Assist in modeling exercises including forecasting cash taxes, earnings and profits, effective tax rate, and FTC utilization
• Draft responses to notices and inquiries from various taxing authorities
• Participate in special planning projects, research and document issues and opportunities
What you’ll need:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting , or equivalent; Master of Science in Taxation or CPA (preferred)
• Minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in corporate income tax compliance
• Public accounting and/or in house corporate tax experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Familiar with HFM and with Corptax software to prepare US GAAP provision and US tax return
• Proactive, attentive to detail, strong sense of ownership
• Able to multi-task and prioritize with support of manager
Who you are:
• Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
• Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
• Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
• Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
• Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:76273
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.