Sr. Tax Technology Associate
About this role:
Our Global Tax team is a key business partner in growing shareholder value while complying with regulations in 100+ countries in which we operate. The role of tax technology is growing in importance as resource needs change as well as compliance with tax regulations becoming more automated, real-time, and demanding. Therefore, Gartner is investing in building an internal Tax Technology and Automation Group. This role will report to the Senior Director of Tax Technology and Automation.
Gartner is looking for a well-rounded Sr. Tax Technology Associate who can provide critical business partner support to support the Global Tax team. This newly created position will be responsible for creating, utilizing, and maintaining technology solutions to automate and improve tax processes.
What you’ll do:
• Develop, improve, and streamline models, dashboards, systems, processes and procedures for the Tax department leveraging best practices in standardization and automation
• Take ownership of assigned tasks and monitor them until completion, including documenting requirements, configuration, testing, debugging, and resolution
• Leverage emerging technology to drive continuous improvements and innovations
• Support and implement technology & automation for all Tax processes, Global Compliance and External Reporting, Global Planning, M&A and Integration, Global Risk Management and Controversy, SALT & Indirect Taxes and Transfer Pricing.
• Collaborate across Tax function to ensure corporate deliverables are met
What you'll need:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Accounting, Tax Technology, Management Information Systems, or Information Technology & Accounting and/or a Master’s degree in related field
• 4+ years of experience in Tax Technology, Data Analytics, Income Tax Reporting, Financial Systems, IT, or FP&A
• Superior financial modeling and data analysis skills using Alteryx and Microsoft Excel.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and cross-functional teamwork skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Applications: Power BI, SharePoint, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Query, Dataverse, Access and Teams
• Income Tax provision and/or compliance implementation experience
Who you are:
• Alteryx Designer certification
• Advanced Microsoft application skills such as Power BI, SharePoint, Power apps, Power Query, Dataverse and Teams
• Experience with RPA, especially Automation Anywhere or Power Automate
• Programming or database administration experience
• Working knowledge of Oracle ERP/EPM
• Knowledge of general financial accounting principles and Income Tax processes
• CorpTax administrator skills
• SharePoint Administrator skills
• Public accounting/consulting background
What will you get:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mind-set are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance-based recognition and rewards
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:76268
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.