About this role:
Our Global Tax team is a key partner of the business in growing shareholder value while complying with regulations in 100+ countries in which we operate. As our footprint in India grows, we are seeking an India country Tax Director.
As a successful candidate you'll be responsible for the management of all India tax matters. You will need to be able to understand and assess tax risks across a wide variety of tax heads and business areas, build relationships with diverse stakeholders, manage a complex network of individuals, influence change management across the organization and prioritize issues and escalate appropriately. This role will report to the VP of Global Tax Risk Management.
What you’ll do:
The role includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Advising Tax leadership and the business on all direct and indirect Indian tax matters,
- Assisting in internal restructuring and tax optimisation projects as envisaged by the Global Tax team from time to time,
- Assisting with India controversy matters,
- Reviewing India TP documentation and filing, advising on TP strategies,
- Coordinating India tax filings,
- Advising the business on employee taxes, taxation of ESOPs, fundraising, etc.,
- Advising business on withholding obligations on payments made to vendors and the taxes that need to be recovered from our customers,
- Reviewing and finalising tax disclosures for financial statements,
- Reviewing customer and vendor contracts as needed,
- Assisting in taxation matters across the business as needed,
- Partnering with India Finance+ and other teams such as Legal, Treasury, Deal Hub and Order Management,
- Conducting research and providing detailed analysis of global tax legislative changes impacting the company,
- Working with external consultants appointed by the Global Tax team to ensure all tax aspects of any transaction have been looked at.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Advance degree or professional qualification in taxation or law,
- Min 12+years’ experience in a public accounting firm (Big 4 preferred) and/or MNC a must,
- In-depth knowledge of international direct and indirect taxation,
- Experience in dealing with the audit defense process, managing outside counsel; and experience with negotiation and execution of audit settlement,
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards is required. Knowledge of US GAAP is advantageous but not essential,
- Ability to successfully lead and effectively manage a team,
- Willingness and ability to work in a collaborative manner with other team members,
- Ability to be objective and provide independent input and analysis,
- Exudes a positive and winning attitude,
- Proactive self-starter, able to work on own initiative in a fast-paced environment,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and professional demeanor
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results, and a no-limits mind-set are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance-based recognition and rewards
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:76267
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.