About this role:
Gartner’s core asset is its people. Our people develop insights, share advice, and create experiences that help our clients be more successful. The People Analytics & Operations team derives actionable insight from data to recommend and implement better ways of attracting, developing, and retaining our talent so that we can drive higher sales, more productivity, and better client experiences. We drive impact on Gartner’s Mission Critical Priorities by leveraging state of the art technology, analytics, and processes.
Our goal is to increase our analytical capabilities and derive actionable insights into our critical business issues, as well as create a scalable data infrastructure and user-friendly reporting environment that can effectively support our growing company. The Associate Director, Analytics Engineering role is a strategic partner within the People Analytics & Operations Engineering team responsible for owning the strategy, planning, design, development, and support of our analytics platforms.
We’re looking for someone with at least 8 years of total work experience, 5+ years in designing solutions, owning platforms, and driving development projects, and someone with 4+ years in team leadership and people management.
What you’ll do:
Lead our HR Analytics Engineering team.
- Catalog current analytics and automation processes and recommend best practice methods for improvement and optimization.
- Partner with Head of HR Engineering to create roadmaps and execute project plans in fast-paced agile development environment.
- Partner with the HR Data Engineering team to streamline data integration, maintain security and access best practices, and create end-to-end data analytics solutions.
- Lead analytics engineering implementation, enhancement, and support projects.
- Initially manage and mentor a team of 2-3 associates supporting Gartner Analytics deliverables.
- Research and recommend technologies and processes to support rapid scale and future state growth initiatives.
- Prioritize Business Needs, Leadership Questions, and Ad Hoc Requests for on-time delivery.
- Manage team JIRA boards and Service Now queues to support team operations, leadership reporting, and continuous improvement initiatives.
Support HR Analytics and Reporting Strategy
- Support the future state of People Analytics at Gartner, including the execution of our multi-year roadmap.
- Lead QA and Data Quality efforts to improve development timelines, reduce bugs, and maintain reliable analytics products.
- Support projects that improve our performance (e.g. Quality of Hire & Future of Work): aligning with product strategy and understanding stakeholder requirements.
What you’ll need:
- Strong analytics, automation, and data experience
- 8+ years of working experience.
- Preferably working in HR analytics, data engineering, data analytics and visualization, business intelligence, or analytical consulting
- Proven ability to use data, analytics, and business knowledge to solve complex business problems.
- Strong working Knowledge in – Analytics platforms / visualization tools (PowerBI, etc.), Visier Experience a plus
- Proven experience designing analytics and delivery methods to increase accuracy of reporting in an agile environment.
- Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries.
- Experience and skill with data mining methods, data modeling, and working with data warehouses
- Preferred experience with Microsoft Azure, Azure Data Factory, Data Pipelining, Data Transformation, and ETL
- Strategic thinker
- Future forward visionary who can not only see where we need to be in 3 years, but who can also develop a compelling, practical approach to how we get there starting tomorrow
- Ability to tell stories with data to senior leadership highlighting team dynamics, celebrating successes, and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Collaboration and people leadership
- 4+ years of effectively managing a team of Engineers, Consultants, or Analysts
- Ability to effectively engage and influence wide range of leaders (from the Operating Committee to Sales Managers) in the development of solutions for Gartner’s most critical business initiatives
- Ability to translate strategic vision into actionable plans and make decisions with incomplete or imperfect information
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and effective presentation skills
- Execution focus
- Experienced getting to a v0.5 solution, getting real world feedback, and then iterating to v1.0+ with a continuous improvement mindset
- Successful track record of superior service delivery and change management in a global environment
What you will get:
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 401K matching, and more!
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:76234
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.