Are you passionate about helping clients realize value when it comes to Microsoft licensing? Are you innately curious about this vendor’s place in global digital evolution? If so then Gartner needs you! Gartner will provide you with a platform to share your voice and interact with senior-level clients across the globe.
About this role:
This role creates thought leading Microsoft Licensing research and analysis for our Sourcing, Procurement and Vendor Management clients and other IT leaders. It engages with clients through - 1:1 consultation, published research and public speaking engagements at Gartner's world-wide conferences. As part of a team focused on helping clients with cloud and software negotiations, this role collaborates with some of the smartest and sharpest in the industry.
At Gartner you will be part of an organization with an upbeat culture that embraces collaboration, teamwork and diversity, as well as objectivity that values integrity, creativity and innovation. As a Gartner analyst, every day you’ll find new opportunities to apply and develop your skills and have an amazing impact on our clients and your career. We work hard and take supporting our clients seriously — and we reward success with exceptional opportunity.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct research and analysis in software pricing and contracting with a primary focus on Microsoft.
- Predict how Microsoft Licensing will develop, analyze market alternatives, and help clients in their negotiation, vendor management processes and practices.
- Work ahead of the curve in other areas within the overall software, SaaS, and cloud licensing space as well as applicable adjacent areas such as application services.
- Expand your coverage to other vendors over time as needed.
- Be a sought after expert who provides high-impact 1:1 negotiating advice to our clients.
- Publish thought-leading, authoritative advice on the topics of Microsoft and cloud negotiations and represent Gartner in media inquiries.
- Represent Gartner as a Speaker at our conferences, and on location with clients to help them develop their strategies.
- Mentor and support other team members, lead topics in research community meetings, and collaborate with peers across a broad range of topics and initiatives.
- Demonstrate thought-leadership in establishing research positions across a team of analysts.
- Proactively work with the wider sales organization and deliver outstanding sales support to retain and grow the business.
What you’ll need:
- A broad understanding of Microsoft’s current commercial programs, contracting models, pricing, and discounting approaches as well as a vision for how Microsoft Licensing, and overall contracting and negotiations with mega vendors, will evolve. Recent hands-on negotiation experience with Microsoft (within last 12 months), and larger, complex deal negotiation experience preferred.
- In-depth subject matter expertise on Microsoft Licensing topics and experience navigating its complexities is important for this role. Relevant experience could have been gained from licensing sales and specialist licensing support roles, and software license compliance and advisory services. Experience spanning multiple larger enterprises across a variety of industries is preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of negotiation strategies and trends in the software and cloud services market. Knowledge of the global landscape, and the competitive interplay between Microsoft and their resellers is a plus; as is experience with other large software vendors and cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services, Google, Oracle, Salesforce, SAP, or ServiceNow.
- 8-10+ years experience with a minimum of 5 years work experience in SaaS/ software contract negotiations, technology procurement, category management, vendor management within a buying organization, outsourcer, consulting firm or reseller.
- Able to analyze complexity, quickly determine patterns, draw and defend conclusions, and apply sound business and financial judgement.
- The ability to verbally articulate points clearly and succinctly is essential. Experience in publishing and speaking engagements is desirable.
- Enjoys working on a multi-cultural global team and conducting occasional travel (usually no more than 25%), regionally and globally.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
- You enjoy working with inspiring colleagues who are keen to discuss and debate with you.
- You often find yourself thinking several steps ahead of your peers – and want to work every day with other people who can think as far ahead as you can.
- You are a team player who wants to share their insights and opinions, enjoys being constructively challenged, and has the courage to pursue bold new ideas.
- You are excited about being recognized as an expert in your field and get a deep sense of satisfaction from helping clients succeed.
- You thrive in a culture of continuous learning and growth and are excited about discover what’s next in technology licensing & contracting.
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:76049
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.