About this role:
New role within the Transformation Office that will orchestrate communications efforts across cross-BU transformation implementations to drive consistency in approach, messaging, and success measurements.
What you’ll do:
- Establish and work with a multidisciplinary team, including audit and risk, compliance, HR, legal, business process owners, IT, security, and other internal stakeholders to ensure enterprise-wide coverage of the privacy discipline
- Develop, propose, and manage internal compliance policies and gain alignment across the enterprise in support of external government data protection laws and internal data management expectations
- Partner with key stakeholders across business units and IT to develop, document and help support implementation to effectively ensure compliance and privacy across programs/projects
- Identify opportunities for data alignment and implement industry best practice for data privacy and compliance policies, standards, and guidelines
- Independently drive critical data requirement discussions, managing dependencies across multiple functional areas to achieve the best outcome for Gartner as a whole
- Elicit and document business and functional requirements with clearly defined acceptance criteria into detailed user stories that will be scoped and groomed by IT
- Devise and update policies and procedures for customer data breach incident responses, and privacy request ensuring alignment with the actual implementation activities
- Lead privacy and compliance data stewardship team within the Data Strategy and Enablement function with responsibility to monitor, process, and correct data by adhering to corporate data quality standards, policies
- Support Legal counsel in creation of an inventory that documents how and why Gartner collects, shares and uses personal data
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, computer science, technology, or related field. Advanced degree desirable.
- 7+ years working in a fast-paced environment that experiences continuous change
- 7+ years of demonstrated business analysis and/or project/product management experience with a Data product
- Have an understanding of global data privacy regulations (GDPR, CCPA, etc.)
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Strong communication (written and oral) and presentation skills tailored to meet the needs of the different end users, team members, sr. management and executive leadership in cross-cultural business environment
- Ability to breakdown complex business problems and workflows into meaningful components that are understandable by various levels
- Ability to maintain proper documentation, relevant records and archives in an orderly, transparent fashion
- Ability to collaborate and lead teams of various types of roles and skill sets in a matrix environment
- Must be solution minded, well organized, methodical and pay close attention to detail
- Ability to flex and willing to wear multiple hats if needed
- Knowledge and experience with Scrum/Agile methodology
- Data governance experience is a strong consideration
- Prior experience in Master Data Management, Analytics environment is a plus
- Understanding of data analysis tools and reporting and techniques is a plus
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Teams)
- Google Suite (Google Drive, Drive File Stream, Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- SFDC or CRM equivalent
- Tableau/Microsoft Power BI/SQL
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:76006
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.