When you join the world’s leading Research & Advisory company, you’ll be part of a team that values curiosity, expert insights, bold ideas, and intellectual courage. As a Gartner analyst, you’ll not only use your knowledge and experience to help clients solve complex issues and deliver on key initiatives, but you will also grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries.
About this role:
Gartner analysts are industry thought leaders who create must-have research and provide advice to world-leading organizations. A Senior Director Analyst possesses a keen eye for identifying gaps, problems, and solutions within the market they serve, and help clients make better decisions relative to their highest business priorities
As an analyst, you will bring Gartner's research, best practices, and tools to life across a broad range of world class clients. Your focus will be on both the pragmatic research that assists a client in solving today’s problems, and provocative research that challenges a client’s assumptions on how the future will play out.
Key areas of coverage with be in the enterprise networking space with a strong understanding of the enterprise wired and wireless campus and branch network market. You will assist clients in how emerging trends around these technologies are transforming organizations.
What you will do:
- Collaboratively write and publish analysis at a regular cadence through evidence-based research
- Provide clients and prospects with actionable advice aligned to their designated content via virtual or face-to-face interactions
- Communicate complex concepts concisely and with authority
- Engage senior-level executives by building relationships, establishing credibility, conducting substantive content discussions, diagnosing needs, solving problems, and identifying relevant resources
- Perform research by reading, networking with clients, industry contacts, vendors and analysts, and by evaluating and analyzing information.
- Present at multiple conferences as an industry expert.
- Partner with sales and service delivery partners to increase account growth, retention, and engagement
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 12+ years of experience in related field or industry, ideally involved in the design, deployment, and operations of enterprise networking infrastructure and services.
- Understanding of data center networking market including vendor products (e.g., Cisco ACI and VMware NSX-T) as well as switching and routing technologies, virtualization, network overlays, orchestration, automation, etc.
- Knowledge of best practices in network equipment sourcing and contracting
- High level knowledge of network monitoring and automation and the various vendors and tools associated with AIOps/AI Networking Working knowledge of SD-WAN and SASE vendors (e.g., Cisco, VMware, Fortinet, Palo Alto, HPE and Versa) and technologies including path selection, routing, orchestration, security/SSE (Secure Services Edge), network automation, integration with cloud providers, etc.
- Working knowledge of campus networking technologies including both wired and wireless LAN and applicable vendors (e.g., Cisco, Extreme, HPE Aruba and Juniper).
- Familiarity with OEMs, Network Service Providers (NSP), Cloud Service Providers (CSP), Value Add Resellers (VARs) and ISP Aggregators as well as Managed Network Service providers.
- Cisco and other industry networking certifications is a plus
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. Certain locations in the United States require job postings to include a reasonable estimate of the base salary range and/or a general description of benefits and other compensation applicable to the role. For this role in those locations, the base salary range for new hires is:
California Annualized Base Pay Range: 150,000 USD - 170,000 USD
Colorado Annualized Base Pay Range: 150,000 USD - 170,000 USD
New Jersey Annualized Base Pay Range: 150,000 USD - 170,000 USD
New York Annualized Base Pay Range: 150,000 USD - 170,000 USD
Washington Annualized Base Pay Range: 150,000 USD - 170,000 USD
Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:75960
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.