Principal Researcher, Primary Research
About the Role:
The Principal Researcher is responsible for delivery of insights by utilizing Gartner’s proprietary tools and platforms, to inform the Research & Advisory practice. This includes exploration and scoping the proprietary platforms/ tools, designing the research plan, data aggregation & ETL, analysis and visualizing results using tools such as Power BI and R/Python, and ensuring appropriate interpretation and data usage across the research organization.
What you will do:
- End-to-end delivery of research projects by scoping objectives, hypotheses, and usage intentions that address clients’ mission critical priorities.
- Tell the data story through expert analysis, interpretation, multi-source data aggregation, and impactful visuals that convey key takeaways and represent Gartner’s brand using tools like Power BI.
- Collaborate with globally distributed subject matter experts to design, analyze and identify key findings for written research, client engagements and event presentations.
- Design for and apply statistical methods such as regression, clustering, factor analysis, and other multivariate analysis using tools like R/ Python
- Support written research attributed to findings through additional data exploration and interpretation discussions.
- Work with internal stakeholders/ partners to ensure quality outcomes.
- Safeguard Gartner’s content by reviewing data use for quality, accuracy, and correct interpretation.
- Actively promote opportunities to leverage results and increase the return on research investment. • Contribute to Primary Research team evolution and strategy through self-development and collaboration with peers
What you will need:
- 5-7 years of experience in executing delivery of research projects (transactional or social media data, business and/or consumer); preferably in a market research agency, or business strategy consultancy.
- IT literate and interest in IT content knowledge.
- Experienced in designing and analyzing quantitative data.
- Experience with advanced analytical techniques (regression, clustering, factor analysis, etc.)
- Current on primary research trends and innovations
- Graduate (bachelor) or post-Graduate (master) degree in Computer Science/ Economics/ Statistics or related fields
- Industry recognized certifications in Power BI, Alteryx, etc. would be an advantage.
What you will get:
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, and more!
- Group Medical Insurance, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity
- Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:75922
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.