Senior Consultant – IT Strategy
About the Role:
Our Senior Consultants are part of a high-impact project delivery team. You will be part of a team that will execute IT strategy projects while advising clients on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes. You will be interacting with some of the world's largest organizations working with them to define and architect cutting-edge solutions to address their challenges. As a Senior Consultant working with our client’s organizations, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference in shaping, managing, and delivering real value assisting our clients in successfully managing their technology and defining their IT strategies.
What You’ll do:
- Identify, develop, and document issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning engagement areas being reviewed
- Conduct research, interviews, and presentations for clients (executive and/or board level)
- Assist with the comprehensive cost/benefits analysis and preparation of business cases for technology investments.
- Assist in coordinating and communicating the results of engagements via written reports and oral presentations to client management and key stakeholders
- Contribute to the development of project management, quality assurance, and professional consulting and auditing approaches/methodologies.
- Participate in the delivery of strategic IT consulting engagements, within a given timeframe and budget, for a variety of clients, which include IT benchmarking and general IT consulting.
- Be an excellent team player and leverage colleagues and mentors for sustained development
What You’ll need:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, preferred management degree.
- 6-8 years of diversified strategic IT experience (technology, organization, and processes); Consulting experience in a similar role in a professional services firm or industry experience at a strategic or management level
- Exposure to leading discussion with executive leadership and/or senior management
- Passionate about technology – tracks latest trends and potential use of technology to solve complex business problems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in a global environment where one has to collaborate with global teams on a continuous basis
- Knowledge of spoken and written German is a plus
- Be able to communicate the technical nuances but also be able to step out of the technical domains and be able to articulate those same complex technical designs to the wider business audience
- Excellent understanding of the current and emerging technologies that are used in the relevant domains and areas of your expertise
- Excellent project management skills, teamwork capacity, strong work ethic, and willingness to travel and work in a diverse international environment
- Deeper knowledge of one or more of the following is a plus:
- IT strategy
- IT organization & governance
- Enterprise Architecture
- IT/Business Process Outsourcing
- Critical Program Management support (QA, risk, audit)
- IT performance optimization
Who you are:
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to articulate IT strategies and understand business strategies and the alignment of both
- Comfortable influencing and building trust-based, value-added relationships with senior executives
- Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility, and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
- Maintain senior consultant-level expertise with the most current leading information management technologies in the industry
- Natural aptitude for critical and analytical thinking, as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the-box solutions
- Problem-solving skills
What we offer:
- A world-class consulting environment
- The opportunity to work on cutting-edge IT strategy engagements with a tier-one client portfolio
- A competitive salary
- Structured bonus based on individual and corporate performance
- Opportunities for promotion with a clearly defined career development structure
- Opportunity to participate actively in the development and future of Gartner Consulting
A dynamic but relaxed and supportive working environment that encourages personal development
What we do:
Technology Strategy Consulting. We help the C-suite make the right decisions based on how technology can transform their businesses. In today’s world, a consulting firm that is “born digital”, (with the ability to directly leverage the full power of Gartner’s research and insights) has relevance to the most important strategic decisions any business will make.
We deliver value to clients in areas such as IT Strategy Consulting, Benchmarking, Analytics, and Optimization. Typically, this helps Gartner’s clients to execute their strategic priorities, across all sectors, including:
- Digital Acceleration and Transformation
- Enterprise Enablement
- Big Data and Analytics
- Applications Rationalization
- Cloud Strategy
- Sourcing and Ecosystem Optimization
- Contract and Cost Optimization
- Security and Risk Management
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:75808
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.