About the role:
The Test Engineer will create and execute test plans for functionality, acceptance, regression, performance and stress testing. The Engineer must work well with developers and BA in an aggressive agile development environment. The candidate should have strong analytical abilities, excellent teamwork, and great communication skills. He/she will also be responsible for testing and verification of software components. The candidate should have experience with API Testing, automation (Selenium Web driver) and Performance/load testing (JMETER).
What you’ll do:
- Analyze Functional requirements and design documents, review bug descriptions, incorporating this information into test plans and test cases.
- Test execution, defect (bug) tracking, reporting, and issue resolution/coordination
- Conducts and/or participates in formal and informal test cases reviews.
- Develop and execute test automation scripts
- Develop and execute functional tests, performance tests, stress tests, and regression tests.
- Maintain test documentation and test cases .
- Assist with developing, implementing, and documenting testing methodologies
- Analyze data and results of tests, record, and retest defects, provide status.
- Analyze logs using Amazon Web Services
- Add new tests/ enhance existing tests written in Java.
What you’ll need:
- ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) Certification is a plus
- Experience in Agile development environment
- Strong understanding of basic concepts of testing principles, all types of Black/Grey Box testing
- 2-4 years hands-on experience testing different applications for both manual and automated tests.
- Perform duties as an individual contributor and/or team member with 100% hands-on work
- Proficient in writing Test Scenarios and Test Cases
- Knowledge about Test Strategy and Test Plan
- Knowledge of Test management tools X-Ray, All-In-One within JIRA(Project Management Tool), QC etc.
- Expertise working in Integration, Performance, database, Regression, End-To End and API testing.
- Write, execute and update test protocols in accordance with project/program specifications
- Record, report, and verify software defects to accurately depict the software requirements, providing defect metrics and trends analysis to project teams
- Understand various integration patterns: pub/sub; AWS API Gateway; REST API’s; messaging
- Perform end-to-end testing
- Attend test design reviews and risk assessments with core team members
- Remain current on new and changing requirements and technologies that impact software quality
- Analyze problems as they occur and recommend potential solutions using software quality knowledge
- Experience in automating web and mobile applications across multiple devices and platforms using test automation tools and frameworks, such as Selenium, Appium, TestNG, Cucumber and JUnit/NUnit etc.
- Knowledge on Tools required for Amazon Web Services, Swagger or Postman
- Good Knowledge of SQL.
- Understanding of coding enterprise applications within Java, PHP, Python and other languages
- Experience in Performance testing and tools like JMETER
- Hands on experience testing web services.
- Mobile application testing experience beneficial
- Experience with CRM Platforms Siebel & Salesforce is a plus.
- Understanding of Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Experience with Google Docs, Jira and Confluence is a big plus
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or Engineering preferred.
- Working experience with onsite/offshore model is preferred.
- The successful candidate will be adaptable, results-focused and can work individually or as part of a team.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:75792
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.