This position can sit remotely or near one of our Centers of Excellence where we offer a hybrid, virtual first work model.
Gartner's Center of Excellence are located in:
Fort Myers, FL
About Gartner IT:
Join a world-class team of skilled engineers who build creative digital solutions to support our colleagues and clients. We make a broad organizational impact by delivering cutting-edge technology solutions that power Gartner. Gartner IT values its culture of nonstop innovation, an outcome-driven approach to success, and the notion that great ideas can come from anyone on the team.
About the role:
Gartner is looking for a Senior Salesforce Software Engineer that will participate in technical design discussions, perform support and maintenance tasks to address production issues reported by clients and to implement/test web-based applications and services. Must be familiar with systems scope and projects objectives to ensure design, build and test of a robust system. This role is responsible for the successful delivery of software projects on schedule with no critical defects.
What you will do:
- Work with a cross-functional SCRUM team to maintain and enhance SFDC Platform
- Research and find opportunities to utilize SFDC best practices, guidelines to improve system productivity scaling and monitoring.
- Good judgment, prompt decision-making ability, responsibility, and accountability
- Commitment to teamwork as both a contributor and a leader
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Implementing and testing web-based applications and services
- Participate in code reviews, peer inspections, and technical design/specifications
- Effectively communicate issues/concerns to the project team to include development, project management, and QA.
- Strong Analytic skills with the ability to formulate a problem/solution in both business & technical terms.
- Understanding of Incident & Problem Management with a strong emphasis on root cause resolution.
- Excellent software development and object-oriented design fundamentals with a strong background in software applications.
What you will need:
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in the field of software development.
- 4-6 years hands-on experience on the force.com platform, understanding of key SFDC design and architectural concepts, in-depth understanding of capabilities and constraints of SFDC CRM application.
- Excellent software development and object-oriented design fundamentals
- Salesforce development experience including strong working knowledge and ability to code in APEX (classes, triggers, batch processes, and web services), VisualForce, Lightning (Aura), Salesforce APIs, SOQL, and Force.com .
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce applications including configuration, process builders, workflows, and database design.
- Advanced knowledge of Salesforce data model, custom objects, workflows, and configuration.
- Ability to anticipate and produce design applications that work with governor limits and scale appropriately.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Certified Salesforce.com platform developer is a plus.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:75784
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.