This position can sit near one of our Center's of Excellence where we offer a hybrid, virtual first work model.
Gartner's Center of Excellence are located in:
Fort Myers, FL
About Gartner IT:
Join a world-class team of skilled engineers who build creative digital solutions to support our colleagues and clients. We make a broad organizational impact by delivering cutting-edge technology solutions that power Gartner. Gartner IT values its culture of nonstop innovation, an outcome-driven approach to success, and the notion that great ideas can come from anyone on the team.
About the role :
Gartner is looking for well-rounded and motivated developers to join the Conferences Marketing Intelligence & Analytics team. Candidate must have a proven record of successfully building and supporting database development, BI & analytics solutions, and platforms to join us in our evolution, taking a leading role in designing, implementing, and evolving innovative capabilities tailored to solve complex scenarios and provide advanced data insights to Gartner Marketing teams. You will be responsible for the execution of our data strategy through the design and development of Data platforms to deliver varied and complex Reporting, BI and Analytics solutions.
What you will do:
- Core team member of a high-performance business analytics team that translates business problems into technical solutions providing deep data insights to Gartner Marketing teams.
- Execution of our data strategy through the design and development of Data platforms to deliver Reporting, BI and Advanced Analytics solutions.
- Design and development of key analytics capabilities using MS SQL Server, T-SQL on Azure Platform.
- Consistently improving and optimizing T-SQL and SSAS tabular models to achieve peak performance across the entire analytics platform.
- Analyzing and solving complex business problems, breaking down the work into actionable tasks.
- Develop, maintain, and document data models, data dictionaries and data flow diagrams
- Ensure code integrity standards and code best practices.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or computer engineering.
- 2 - 4 years of experience in the Design and Development of E2E BI & Analytics projects in a global enterprise environment.
- Strong technical experience with MS SQL Server, Advance SQL.
- Reporting experience a plus.
- Proficient in ETL, Data warehouse design.
- Proficient in writing stored procedures, functions and database design
- Deep understanding of writing Advance SQL code (Analytic functions).
- Experience in Cloud Platforms, Azure technologies like Azure Analysis Services, etc will be required.
- Demonstrated Ability to use GIT, Jenkins, and other change management tools.
- Good knowledge of database performance and tuning, troubleshooting and query optimization.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, self-motivated, results-driven, and well-organized.
- Demonstrate a proven track record in addressing moderately complex technical issues
- Fact driven and analytically minded with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently or within a team, proactively, in a fast-paced AGILE-SCRUM environment.
- Strong ability to handle a heavy workload with multiple projects and frequent interruptions in a dynamic environment.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:75759
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.