About the role:
Working as part of a diverse team within the Enterprise Technology Operations Org, the Lead Network Engineer will be responsible for the design, planning, implementation, and support of our Network infrastructure at conferences worldwide. Working hand in hand with the conferences team you will help us to ensure that every conference we produce is the single most important annual gathering for the roles we target and the communities we create around the globe whilst helping to empower our internal teams and drive innovation within our business unit and Gartner as a whole.
What you will do:
- Design and implementation of advanced IP network solutions
- Design, configuration, and troubleshooting of network security systems and protocols
- In depth Troubleshooting and configuration of BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, VLAN, STP, SPAN, Multicasting
- Evaluation, configuration and support of SSL, IPSEC, protocols for remote access
- Design, configuration, and troubleshooting of internal and external DNS
- Configuration and management of DHCP, WINS
- Advanced Troubleshooting of IP-Telephony systems and protocols , voice and video QOS
- Technical Vendor Management exposure and experience pertaining Venue negotiations and technical deliveries
- Analysis, design, and implementation of security firewall, intrusion prevention ids
- Analysis, design, and implementation of remote access solutions
- Identify, Isolate and resolve complex network problems to mitigate business impact
- Intrusion detection and prevention systems
- Evaluation, testing and planned deployment of new network technologies
- Troubleshooting of complex applications and network issues using various network analysis tools
- Design, configuration, and troubleshooting of WLAN, WLC, VWLC, Core Network Stack and distribution infrastructure
- Oversee Architecture and the implementation of Conference IT infrastructure for Global Summit and Symposium Conferences
- Work closely with Network Engineers to meet team goals and improve processes and practices
- Participation on Gartner Technical Clause Venues inclusion for all Gartner Conferences
- Mentored and coach new Network Specialists and Network Engineers
- Introduce standards relating to IT procedures leading to improved network efficiency and a reduction in downtime at Venues
What you will need:
- CISCO Routing and Switching Platforms
- Load balancer, wan accelerator, web accelerator
- Checkpoint Firewall support, configuration and troubleshooting
- Cisco ASA support, configuration and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of video streaming technologies and their implementation.
- Troubleshooting and support of a Global IP infrastructure
- Advanced knowledge of network security systems and protocols
- Fundamental understanding of UNIX and Microsoft Server OS
- Thorough understanding of Cisco Technologies including CMX, High Density and Hyper location integration design, configuration and deployment
- Advanced knowledge of DNS on various platforms (Linux, Unix, Windows, Mac)
- 6 - 8+ years or more in Information Technology
- Bachelor’s degree (IT, Computer Science), CCIE/CCNP
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work closely with vendors to successfully complete projects and resolve problems
- Ability to work closely with the Network Architect team to develop and plan technology road maps
- Ability to mentor and manage other team members
- Role includes extensive worldwide travel > 60%
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:75649
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.