This position can sit near one of our Center's of Excellence where we offer a hybrid, virtual first work model.
Gartner's Center of Excellence are located in:
Fort Myers, FL
About Gartner IT:
Join a world-class team of skilled engineers who build creative digital solutions to support our colleagues and clients. We make a broad organizational impact by delivering cutting-edge technology solutions that power Gartner. Gartner IT values its culture of nonstop innovation, an outcome-driven approach to success, and the notion that great ideas can come from anyone on the team.
About the role:
We are seeking a Software Engineer who specializes in designing, building, and supporting financial planning models using the Anaplan platform. In this role, you will join a fast-paced, challenging environment and work on data that help manage sales performance.
What you'll do:
- Support, design, and model solutions for the Anaplan application while interacting with end users, consultants, and third-party application vendors.
- Ensure delivery of a quality finance/corporate systems application experience.
- Use problem-solving and analytical skills to enhance the performance of existing models and build out new Anaplan model structures.
- Figure out complex problems and think about how to make processes more efficient.
- Build and plan the delivery of user stories based on business requirements.
- Design & develop Anaplan forecast models that cover relevant business processes and requirements.
- Work in an agile environment with cross-functional and geographically dispersed teams.
What you'll need:
- 3+ years of experience in Anaplan Model building with Level 2 Anaplan Model Builder certification or higher.
- 2+ years' experience with data visualization/dashboarding.
- Strong understanding and experience in data integration.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and experience in efficiently designing and maintaining complex models.
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work independently or within a team, proactively, in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong desire to improve upon their skills in software development, frameworks, and technologies.
- Familiarity with basic data integration scripting concepts and ETL technologies is preferred but not required.
Who you are:
- Enthusiastic about learning new techniques, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good judgment, prompt decision-making ability, responsibility, and accountability.
- Commitment to teamwork.
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Organized, focused, self-directed, and innovative, e.g. able to design a modeling solution without explicit direction.
- Strong partnering capabilities, with the ability to influence others.
- Owns success and takes responsibility for the successful delivery of the solutions.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:75636
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.