This position can sit near one of our Center's of Excellence where we offer a hybrid, virtual first work model.
Gartner's Center of Excellence are located in:
Fort Myers, FL
About Gartner IT:
Join a world-class team of skilled engineers who build creative digital solutions to support our colleagues and clients. We make a broad organizational impact by delivering cutting-edge technology solutions that power Gartner. Gartner IT values its culture of nonstop innovation, an outcome-driven approach to success, and the notion that great ideas can come from anyone on the team.
About the role:
Gartner is looking for a well-rounded, hands-on data engineer to join our effort to modernize our core financial systems. The candidate will be responsible for working with business leaders to understand requirements, then designing and building integrations and add-ons to Gartner’s core financial platform. The ideal candidate will be someone who has worked closely with business analysis team and has played a key role in implementing and enhancing back-office solutions. Candidate should have demonstrable experience innovating with technology to meet business needs.
What you will do:
- Implement, Administer, Maintain, and Support Financial applications and related systems core to Gartner’s operational excellence.
- Design, Develop, Test, Implement and Maintain critical financial integrations, extensions, and add-ons to empower Gartner’s continued growth.
- Utilize best practices, standard procedures, and techniques to develop and configure applications.
- Provide daily operational support for production systems including providing on-call support
- Write and maintain clear documentation that describes installation and operating procedures.
- Maintain a strong working hands-on knowledge of the programming languages and tools relevant to our systems.
- Analyze and interpret business requirements to define and develop technical requirements/specifications.
- Participate in technical design, contributing insights and ideas
- Successfully troubleshoot application problems independently or in a team setting.
- Learn and maintain a strong working knowledge of multiple business areas and the applications that support them
- Be able to transform unstructured raw data in to formats suitable for modeling
- Be able to work in a globally distributed team in an Agile/Scrum approach
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, or a related field
- Have 5+ years development experience with Postgres/Oracle Database
- Hands on Python programming with 3+ years’ experience
- Ensure database architectures address business requirements, system scalability, performance, governance, and reliability.
- Lead development of database applications, interfaces, data transfer mechanisms and business intelligence platforms.
- Experience building scalable data models and performing complex relational databases queries using SQL (Postgres and Oracle), etc.
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Hands on Experience in AWS like Amazon S3, Amazon Batch, Amazon Lambda, Amazon Glue.
- processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data
- familiar with version control systems (Git)
- Scrum software development methodology experience is a plus
- Good experience in handling errors/exceptions and debugging the issues in large scale applications. Knowledge of integration and web services technologies
- Good problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with CI/CD Pipelines, Jenkins Deployment, Git Repository.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Who You Are:
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communications skills interacting with technical and business audience’s
- Ability to work and collaborate with multiple teams spread across diverse geographical locations
- Must possess a willingness and aptitude to embrace new technologies/ideas and master concepts rapidly.
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for technology and keeping up with new trends
- Delivering project work on-time within budget with high quality
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:75634
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.