About this role :
The Senior Data Engineer role is a strategic partner within the People Analytics Data Engineering team responsible for the design, development, automation, and integration of HR data assets to prepare our business for the future of work.We’re looking for someone with at least 6+ years of experience in designing solutions, owning platforms, and drawing insights from data, and someone with at least 4 years of experience managing data pipeline and integration projects.
What you’ll do:
Manage People Analytics Data Assets
- Catalog current data integration and automation processes and recommend best practice methods for improvement and optimization.
- Partner with the head of People Analytics Data Engineering to create roadmaps and execute project plans in fast-paced agile development environment.
- Research and recommend technologies and processes to support rapid scale and future state growth initiatives.
- Prioritize business needs, leadership questions, and ad-hoc requests for on-time delivery.
- Manage team JIRA boards and Data Pipeline metrics to support team operations, leadership reporting, and continuous improvement initiatives.
Lead Data Engineering Implementation Projects
- Design dimensional data models to support business requirements and people analytics data warehouse optimization.
- Build complex data pipelines for our highest priority projects.
- Serve as a release manager reviewing junior data and analytics engineers’ work products for bugs, efficiently, and scale to enable production deployments.
- Partner with our Human Resources Information Technology (HRIT) team to complete architecture review exercises and gain approval from data security and privacy teams.
Support HR Analytics and Reporting Strategy
- Support the future state of HR Analytics at Gartner, including the execution of our multi-year roadmap.
- Lead QA and Development efforts for automation, data pipelining, and dashboarding within the team.
- Support projects that improve our performance (e.g. Quality of Hire): requirements, discussions, problem solving, analytics, share insights, build solutions, drive change
What you'll need:
- Strong data automation, analytics, and problem-solving experience
- 6+ years of working experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters, or equivalent in: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering, Management Science, Data Science
- Preferably working in HR analytics, data engineering, data analytics and visualization, business intelligence, or analytical consulting
- Proven ability to use data, analytics, and business knowledge to solve complex business problems.
- Strong working Knowledge in - Microsoft Azure, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL database, Data Transformation, and ETL
- Experience and skill with data modeling, and working with data warehouses
- Strong SQL MI skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries.
- Advanced Excel skills and hands-on experience with one or more BI platforms / visualization tools (PowerBI, etc.)
- Experience working with and creating databases and dashboards using all relevant data to inform decisions.
- Experience in deployment process following all change controls. Should be aware of CI/CD pipelines –Jenkins, DevOps etc.
- Prefer knowledge of scripting language (Python, R)
Who you are:
- Future forward visionary who can see where we need to be in 3 years, but who can develop a compelling, practical approach to how we get there starting tomorrow
Collaboration and team engagement
- 4+ years of effectively managing projects independently
- Ability to translate strategic vision into actionable plans and make decisions with incomplete or imperfect information
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and effective presentation skills
- Experienced getting to a v0.5 solution, getting real world feedback, and then iterating to v1.0+ with a continuous improvement mindset
- Successful track record of superior service delivery and change management in a global environment
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:75594
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.