About the role:
Gartner is looking for a Software Developer focusing on data engineering. This person will be a part of the team developing and supporting Gartner’s data warehouse and other various data products. This includes working with both external and internal source data systems through various ingestion APIs. This position will provide an opportunity to work with several different technologies focusing on data services and data science. This includes building new and reusing existing data pipelines as well as supporting, maintaining, and updating existing business intelligence offerings.
What you'll do:
- Design, build and automate the deployment of data pipelines and applications to support data scientists and researchers with their reporting and data requirements.
- Participate in architecture design and implementation of high-performance, scalable and optimized data solutions.
- Integrate data from a wide variety of sources, including on premise databases and external data sources with rest APIs and harvesting tools.
- Collaborate with internal business units and data science teams on business requirements, data access, processing/transformation and reporting needs and leverage existing and new tools to provide solutions.
- Effectively support and partner with businesses on implementation, technical issues and training on the data lake ecosystem
- Work with teams on managing AWS and Azure resources (EMR, ECS clusters, etc.) and continuously improve deployment process of our applications
- Work with administrative resources and support provisioning, monitoring, configuration and maintenance of AWS and Azure tools.
- Promote the integration of new cloud technologies and continuously evaluate new tools that will improve the organization’s capabilities while leading to lower total cost of operation.
- Support automation efforts across the data analytics team utilizing Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Work with the team to implement data governance, access control and identify and reduce security risks.
What you'll need:
- Strong SQL skills
- Excellent knowledge of relational database concepts
- Experience with reporting tools, Power BI preferable
- Experience with ETL tools, Azure Data Factory preferable
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- 2-4 years of experience in Design and Development of Cloud based data models, Azure experience preferable.
- Experience in reporting, analytic, model development and/or data science
- Strong desire to improve upon their skills in software development, frameworks and technologies
What’s nice to have:
- Experience working with both structured and unstructured data
- Experience with version control tools (Git, Subversion)
- Experience using automated build systems (CI/CD)
- Experience working in different programming languages (Java, python)
- Experience of Data Structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of different database technologies (Relational, NoSQL, Graph, Document etc…). This should include building and managing scalable data models.
- Knowledge of ML model deployment
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:75502
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.