The primary focus of this role is to optimize the conference resource allocation and travel management process. This person will track and monitor conference resource requirements, allocations, and utilization to establish optimal staffing levels across a complex global portfolio. This individual also has responsibility for centralizing all conference-related travel review to gain appropriate approval levels. It is important for this individual to learn the role responsibilities across all functional teams, while honing their leadership and management skills. This self-starter should continually seek opportunities for improvement to help the organization evolve and scale effectively in a changing environment.
This individual will effectively plan, project, and manage travel and expense as a part of the conference delivery requirements, the organization requires a central team to look at the global portfolio across all teams supporting the execution of a conference. Key stakeholders include all teams in Global Conferences and teams required for conference delivery including HR, RES, IT, Security. This individual will also partner with Travel & Expense, Financial Planning, and the Conferences Leadership teams.
- Optimize the resource requirements, allocations, and utilization tools and processes to deliver maximum business value.
- Centralize and manage all conference-related travel.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the business to assess needs, evaluate opportunities, and identify solutions to drive efficiency and cost reductions across the global portfolio.
- Streamline team level reports, global rollups, and leadership dashboards to ensure accuracy across all reports and customized views.
- Continuously refine the scope of this function to best adapt to business priorities and better equip leaders with the insights and reporting to understand their utilization rates to aid in their resource planning.
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high-performance environment.
- Centralized tracking and management of all conference related travel including evaluations of in-region vs out of region support ratios.
- A global dashboard of resources allocation and utilization with the ability to drill into team, region, and portfolio to identify trends and opportunities for future projections and requirements.
- Consistently managed resource availability, allocation, and approval processes across all organizations required to deliver the optimal conference experience.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-8 years’ experience in Travel Planning, Project Management, Consulting, or Administration.
- Travel coordination and/or conference or event experience preferred.
- Strong data & analytics skills to develop and monitor spreadsheets, dashboards, and reporting.
- Exceptional collaboration skills with proven ability to build partnerships across lines of businesses.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to speak/write clearly and persuasively.
- Ability to efficiently prioritize and plan work activities in a dynamic work environment
- Consistent demonstration of integrity, collaboration, no-limits mindset, objectivity, and delivering results consistently.
- Fully competent in Microsoft Office and Google, especially Excel and Google Sheets.
- Curious and inquisitive with exceptional problem-solving skills.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:75433
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.