About The Role:
Join a world-class team of skilled engineers who build creative digital solutions to support our colleagues and clients. We make a broad organizational impact by delivering cutting-edge technology solutions that power Gartner. Gartner IT values its culture of nonstop innovation, an outcome-driven approach to success, and the notion that great ideas can come from anyone on the team. CDO team is looking for a well-rounded and motivated Lead Analytics Engineer who will be a part of the CDO execution team. The CDO execution team is responsible for delivering data and analytical solutions to various business units. CDO organization builds data solutions leveraging the latest technology and methodologies to analyze, develop, model and verify interfaces, applications, logic and services that help solve data challenges.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead data architecture and implementation efforts to structure, integrate, govern, store, describe, model, and maintain data warehouse for optimal accuracy and usage.
- Responsible to review and analysis of business requirements and design technical solutions
- Help build define architecture frameworks, best practices & processes. Collaborate on Data warehouse architecture and technical design discussions
- Design and develop warehouse solutions using Azure Synapse Analytics, ADLS, ADF, Databricks, Power BI, Azure Analysis Services
- Lead Gartner’s overall strategy and approach on analytics engineering
- Promote the integration of new cloud technologies and continuously evaluate new tools that will improve the organization’s capabilities while leading to lower total cost of operation.
- Build workflows using data from a wide variety of sources, including on premise databases and external data sources with rest APIs and harvesting tools.
- Drive automation efforts across the data analytics team utilizing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Terraform, Configuration Management, and Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) tools such as Jenkins.
- Work with internal infrastructure teams on monitoring, security, and configuration of azure environment and applications
- Collaborate with internal business units and data science teams on business requirements, data access, processing/transformation and reporting needs and leverage existing and new tools to provide solutions; Effectively support and partner with businesses on implementation, technical issues and training on the data ecosystem
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related technical fields.
- 5-7 years’ experience in software development, including experience in Data Engineering, Analytics, AI/ML, and/or Cloud Services
- Experience in Azure data related services such as Azure Databricks, Data factory, Synapse Analytics, ADLS, etc.
- Experience with tabular modeling within Power BI or Azure Analysis Services
- Experience with programming languages: SQL, Python, Java, etc.
- Expertise in Azure, AWS cloud services, and DevOps/CI/CD frameworks.
- Expertise in working with large amounts of data (structured and unstructured), building data pipelines for ETL workloads and generate insights utilizing Data Science, Analytics.
- Ability to work with ambiguity and vague requirements and transform them into deliverables
- Good combination of technical and interpersonal skills with strong written and verbal communication; detail-oriented with the ability to work independently.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:75271
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.