Senior Specialist, Security and Risk Management, Gartner Research and Advisory
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Research, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients through insights on strategic and management topics, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunities.
About this role:
Are you intellectually curious and motivated by ideas? Do you want to create research products that are widely used by executive leaders worldwide? Gartner is searching for an India-based Senior Specialist to join our CISO Coalition team, within the Security and Risk Management, IT Leaders practice. In this role, you will address cutting-edge issues facing today’s Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs) at leading, global corporations. The Senior Specialist will write newsletters and produce research providing strategic and actionable advice for C-level executives, while breaking down complex topics on technology and cybersecurity into an easily digestible and consumable format. Being part of this team will provide you with opportunities to support discussions among CISOs, identify and design tools and frameworks to support clients in critical processes, and help organizations transform the way they operate.
What you’ll do:
- Use open-source materials to research and produce newsletters on ongoing cybersecurity events for security leaders.
- Contribute and lead with confidential material to develop various content deliverables.
- Interpret, collect, analyze, and structure information from security and risk professionals’ that are actionable, applicable (not academic), and aligned with their workflows.
- Deliver on a regular calendar of research deliverables — whitepapers, presentations, client-shared materials, case studies and best practice documents — on relevant security topics.
- Present research findings orally and in writing to internal and external audiences.
- Closely collaborate with peers in North America and senior stakeholders globally, as part of your research initiatives.
What you will need:
- Master’s in Political Science, International Relations, Philosophy, Literature, Mass Communication, MBA, or similar disciplines.
- A degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Physics, or similar discipline is not a must but advantageous.
- 2-5 years of writing, research, consulting and/or communication experience
- Demonstrated ability of producing factually correct and error free research, engaging clients and working with global teams.
- Ability to adapt speaking style based on the audience.
Who you are:
We are looking for creative, analytically strong, articulate, and self-motivated individuals who would like to develop a strong knowledge of the terrain along with building content and creative skills. Unlike management consulting, investment banking, or law, our strategic research positions do not depend on a special appetite or aptitude for sales or business development. Our search for talent is centered, without exception, on the ability to run deep on a logical, philosophical, or economic problem and resurface with rigorous original insight. Some of the shared characteristics of our successful hires include:
- Strong appetite to dive deep into a given content terrain to develop expertise and distill key findings.
- Ability to gather, analyze, restructure, identify and create original insights from qualitative and/or quantitative data.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with particular attention to precision of language and ability to organize information logically.
- Proven competence for meeting deadlines, multi-tasking and managing work under ambiguity/uncertainty (e.g., changing factors, limited information)
- Aspiration to constantly learn and improve.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Great on job learning
- Inordinate work life balance
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to clients in more than 10,000 distinct enterprises worldwide. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has 8,300 associates, including over 1,800 research analysts and consultants, and clients in more than 90 countries.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:75196
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.