As a Senior Conference Planner, you will work to flawlessly deliver and execute on assigned in person and virtual programs by planning and managing all details related to the production details including but not limited to venue selection, event budget, virtual platform management, travel, room setup, signage and branding, staging, audio visual, and catering. As a member of the Evanta Logistics Team, you will have a focus on team collaboration to create exceptional customer experiences for every attendee, sponsor and associate attending our events.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Manage venue sourcing responsibilities including research, capacity planning, and contracting.
- Work with the wider team to plan the event calendar, ensuring we do not clash with any competitor events, public holidays etc.
- Work with manager on cost negotiations, proposals, contracting and terms and conditions for suppliers
- Plan and manage operations and logistics for all assigned programs. Sr. Planners will be expected to manage Global and launch programs.
- Communication and collaboration across event teams to ensure seamless delivery of first-class events
- Contribute ideas for event innovations to enhance Evanta Summits and ensuring alignment with the company objectives and vision
- Plan the attendee journey onsite, which will include the event branding and signage. Plan and manage all on site conference signage and branding
- Coordinate travel, secure team accommodations, and ground transportation for on-site
- Coordinate communications as primary point of contact for the on-site team to all suppliers including the hotel / venue.
- Coordinate with our AV partner to ensure our requirements are communicated properly, floorplans are created, AV sets are designed in line with branding guidelines.
- Manage invoices, purchase orders, and facilitate payment of event related bills
- Financial management: incl. preparation, negotiations, accurate and timely event budget forecasts, alert management about risks and deviations to plan and post event reconciliation
- Demonstrate understanding of virtual platforms and carry out the delivery of virtual events as Tech Lead
- Frequent review and management of team process docs and internal communication tools such as Run of Show guides and Tech Lead process documents.
- Assist with the production of Evanta company events
- Support Gartner Destinations Conferences as needed
- Support on special projects as needed
Positions Reporting: None
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite including Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven financial management abilities
- Project management experience
- Multi-tasking and the ability to manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strategic and client focused with great costumer service skills
- Proven success working in a collaborative environment
- Solution oriented with a high sense of urgency
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a high degree of professionalism
- Maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to innovate and come up with new ideas, that will help us to continually improve our events
- Someone who can run with a brief and bring ideas back to the table
- Ability to work as part of a team, but also work on events individually.
- Travel 5-9 times per year, potentially internationally (approx. 8 weeks total)
- Bachelor’s degree with focus on events and/or marketing preferred, but not required
- 4-6 years of event experience
- Proven budget experience
- Strategic and creative thinker with the ability to develop and deliver clear and concise briefs
- Knowledge of hotel, travel and meeting planning business is required, particularly in terms of normal service expectations.
- Understanding of event logistics and technical production
- Ideally, someone with varied event experience as the role will involve every element of event planning
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:75185
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.