Executive Partner, Data & Analytics
Gartner is a people business. Fueled by expert analysis, bold ideas and intellectual courage, we are a team of thinkers, doers, and lifelong learners. We are innately curious, driven, disciplined and humble.
The Team and Leader Statement
Enterprise IT Leaders (EITL) is an executive-level advisory service that delivers expert insight and guidance tailored to each member's context and most critical initiatives. EITL consists of 7 areas of expertise (domains) that cover several areas within IT: Applications, Data & Analytics, Enterprise Architecture, Infrastructure & Operations, Program & Portfolio Management, Security & Risk, Sourcing & Vendor Management.
Gartner’s Leadership Partners team consists of 178 LP’s globally who specialize in one of the 7 domain areas and equip business leaders with indispensable insights, advice and tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities today and build the successful organizations of tomorrow. Our Associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional career development as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
- You will manage a portfolio of 25-30 clients, typically Chief Data Officers, from global Fortune 1000 organizations and government agencies
- As their Leadership Partner, you will be delivering value through regular briefings, workshops, roundtables, webinars and by attending relevant Gartner events, etc.
- As someone who has previously been in their shoes before, you will use your knowledge and expertise, along with additional Gartner resources and research, to coach and mentor your clients on critical initiatives and obstacles for today and tomorrow specifically within the Data & Analytics space.
- Collaboration is key. You will work closely with several internal Gartner teams to ensure value is delivered. These can include Sales teams, Analysts, Client Managers, and your peers across other EITL domains.
- This role is a Client-facing position that requires a high level of Executive presence and ability to build trust and deliver value.
- Responsible for member retention and for contributing toward growth in the region through direct support of Gartner Sales in prospect cultivation, account plan development and value demonstration activities.
- This is a predominantly home-based role, where you will operate as an individual contributor managing your own desk and other administrative tasks, i.e. travel, expense reports, meetings.
Essential must-have skills
We’d love to talk to you if you have:
- 15+ years experience with a primary focus in an executive Data & Analytics leadership role such as, Chief Data Officer (CDO), Chief Analytics Officer (CAO), Chief Data Scientist, Data Scientist, VP/Sr. VP Business Intelligence and/or Analytics/Business Analytics within a Fortune 500 company.
- Experience in executive level roles within consulting, sales or customer facing positions.
- Modern technical skills and subject matter expertise such as;
- CDO Focus: Advising on enterprise-wide data and information strategy, governance, control, policy development & data optimization
- Data Science Focus: Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning, Conceptual Modeling, Statistical Analysis, Internet of Things (IoT), AI/BOTS
- Information Management Focus: Leadership perspective in Business Intelligence, Analytics, and Master Data Management approach in key industry verticals
- Experience in one or more of the following application disciplines is also desired: Agile/Bimodal IT, DevOps, Lean Development, Mobile app development, Cloud app deployment, Integration Strategy and API Management, App Maintenance Methods and Outsourcing, App Portfolio Management
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree required
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:75150
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.