About this role:
Gartner’s Research Data & Analytics group is currently seeking a Data Scientist for its CIO-Financial Services QUADS COE team in India. The team leverages proprietary quantitative data and frameworks to offer original, actionable insights to key business problems facing senior executives across industries.
The role is responsible for developing, supporting, and executing strategic research that is fueled by intensive data collection, in depth quantitative analysis and data science techniques. Researchers engage in all aspects of insight generation, including managing data collection; designing surveys; conducting descriptive and prescriptive data analysis; and using frameworks such as hypothesis testing to generate and communicate insights, in partnership with senior industry experts in Gartner.
What you’ll do:
- Translate research hypotheses into logical, clearly defined and efficiently constructed quant methods and models.
- Build data science methodology proposals to validate research hypothesis and create actionable insights for Gartner clients
- Analyze the results using Statistical techniques to find insights that are impactful, creative, and demonstrate confidence in proving research hypotheses and supporting Gartner client priorities
- Lead the design and creation of advanced data science methodologies, data procurement, data cleaning, feature engineering, databasing and NLP/ML models
- Design surveys to prove research hypotheses and use survey mechanics that generate required sample size and other critical sample/data
- Collaborate with researchers and analysts to conceptualize and create client-facing research deliverables such as client presentations, published research, webinars, and tools.
- Develop new and innovative data science processes to push the boundaries of how research can be done Gartner.
- Create compelling and unique data visualizations that accurately communicate insights and teaching points to our clients
- Lead and promote best practice in design, execution, process & delivery of tools and projects.
- Foster the adoption of data science driven research within Financial Services and the broader CIO group
What you’ll need:
- Masters in disciplines with a strong quantitative component, including Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Econometrics, Commerce
- 5-7 years of total experience, with at least 2 years’ experience working in data analysis, quantitative research, analytics or benchmarking
- Mastery in at least one Statistical software package (R, Python, SPSS, etc.)
- Working knowledge of running supervised and unsupervised Statistical analysis such as regressions, factor analysis, clustering, etc.
- Experience in handling unstructured data and application of data science and machine learning skills e.g., Web scraping, NLP Techniques, or other machine learning techniques
- Experience in data visualization tools such as PowerBI or Tableau or Python (similar technologies) to represent large data assets
- Good to have : Working knowledge of survey sampling methodologies, survey questionnaire design, and survey data management
- Creative thinking and superior problem-solving abilities
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and a drive to create and communicate high-impact storylines through written narratives
- Ability to collaborate with globally distributed team members from diverse backgrounds
- Detail-oriented and strong commitment to high quality results to serve needs of clients and internal partners
Who you are:
- Data driven and analytical by nature with demonstrable passion for data and analytics
- Self-sufficient and driven to acquire the skills necessary to accomplish complex tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships and effectively collaborate with partners
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Comfortable working independently to achieve successful results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to clearly present complicated analysis to stakeholders
- Resourceful and resilient with the ability to take a creative approach to problem solving
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:75043
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.