About the role:
Gartner’s comprehensive comparative analytics and expert negotiation guidance help clients achieve the best possible terms while sustaining productive vendor relationships. Our independent, objective assessments of contract/proposal terms help clients mitigate risk by understanding long-term and strategic commitments. As a Senior Proposal Review Associate in the BuySmart India COE, you will be responsible for leveraging technology to analyze contracts and collaborate with internal subject matter experts (Gartner Analysts) to help clients identify critical variances in their contracts. This role provides an opportunity to learn the intricacies of different vendor contracts and how clients can optimize costs and overcome challenges associated with complex, high-value IT contracts/proposals.
What you will do:
- Liaise with internal associates and subject matter experts (Gartner Analysts) in relation to clients’ proposal review inquiries.
- Develop a deep understanding of contract and commercial terms (including their potential risks and benefits).
- Extract relevant commercial terms and pricing data from clients’ contracts into individual client-specific forms.
- Analyze contract variations to uncover standard/non-standard terms that clients should negotiate.
- Manage the creation of contract benchmarks (e.g., pricing) within Gartner systems based on vendor categories.
- Perform quality assurance testing of completed work.
- Ensure that all SLAs are met and are fully supported across all varied requests.
- Support periodic reporting and analysis on key performance and benchmarking metrics.
What you will need:
We are looking for creative, articulate, and self-motivated individuals who would like to work in a process-driven, team-based environment. Our search for talent is centered, without exception, on the ability to be organized, pay strong attention to detail, and work autonomously (i.e., high degree of self-reliance/self-starter). Some of the shared characteristics of our successful hires include:
- 1.5 – 3 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any major field of study.
- Strong understanding of standard contract structure and clauses.
- Strong understanding of pricing models for IT/SaaS contracts.
- Prior experience in validating vendor invoices, contract negotiations, and/or commercial reviews is preferred.
- Prior experience in information technology will be considered a plus.
- Adaptability to a fast-paced environment and changing business requirements while effectively prioritizing based on the value of the business to Gartner.
- Ability to effectively process high volume and variety of incoming requests by multi-tasking.
- Experience handling multiple priority activities/projects at once within the allotted SLA.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills, incorporating requirements, action plans, and timelines when communicating with internal subject matter experts.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building, and time-management skills.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:75042
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.