Who we are:
Gartner’s Consulting business is an extension of Gartner’s industry-leading IT Research. From CIOs, to leaders in business and government, we help Gartner clients across enterprises translate insights into transformational actions and achieve their mission-critical priorities. Leveraging the breadth of Gartner’s resources, Consulting is growing rapidly, with unlimited potential to continue expanding our client base.
What we do:
Technology Strategy Consulting. We help the C-suite make the right decisions based on how technology can transform their businesses. In today’s world, a consulting firm that is “born digital”, (with the ability to directly leverage the full power of Gartner’s research and insights) has relevance to the most important strategic decisions any business will make.
We deliver value to clients in areas such as IT Strategy Consulting, Benchmarking, Analytics and Optimization. Typically, this helps Gartner’s clients to execute on their strategic priorities, across all sectors, including:
Digital Acceleration and Transformation
- Enterprise Enablement
- Big Data and Analytics
- Applications Rationalization
- Cloud Strategy
- Sourcing and Ecosystem Optimization
- Contract and Cost Optimization
- Security and Risk Management
What you’ll do:
Our Consulting Associate Directors are responsible for high-level project delivery and oversight along with client relationship management. You will manage teams and advise clients at the highest strategic level on both big-picture and tactical matters, focusing on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes.
You’re good at:
- Conducting cybersecurity assessments including gap analysis and roadmap development
- Developing cybersecurity strategies, policies, processes, and procedures to protect clients’ internal infrastructure and their customers
- Developing cybersecurity business strategies for technology product vendors that are integrated in the organizations overall business strategy and increase revenue and profits
- Working with leadership teams, including facilitating board and senior management cybersecurity awareness workshops
- Implementing secure development lifecycle in a variety of contexts
- Quantifying progress through cybersecurity measurements and risk quantifications
- Creating tabletop exercises
- Creating business continuity and disaster recovery plans
What you’ll need:
- 4+ years of practical experience in cybersecurity consulting or project management (with teams of five persons or more) in a financial, healthcare, telecommunications, industrial or government organization
- BS in mathematics, natural sciences, information technology, business management, or similar degree
- Hands-on experience with, or extensive knowledge of some of the following:
- Developing cybersecurity policies or strategies
- Managing cybersecurity risk
- Leading security assessments
- Implementing and running cybersecurity programs
- Developing security architectures
- Integrating security into system development lifecycle
- Cyber supply chain risk management/third party risk management
- Identity and access management
- Developing cybersecurity workforce
- Delivering cybersecurity awareness training
- Continuous monitoring
- Vulnerability management, including conducting vulnerability assessments
- Using SIEM tools, penetration testing, incident management, BCP, and/or DRP
- Broad knowledge of cybersecurity technologies throughout organizational and acquisition lifecycle
- Working knowledge of at least two different cybersecurity frameworks:
- Cybersecurity Framework
- NIST Special Publication
- ISO/IEC 27000 family of standards, etc.
- Team-oriented attitude
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills
- A results orientated mindset
- Confidence and persuasiveness
- Willingness to travel
Who you are:
- Comfortable influencing and building trust-based, value-added relationships with senior executives, both internally and externally
- Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- A consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility, and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
- Track record in achieving / exceeding revenue targets preferred #LI-MV1
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:74966
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.