Title: Sr. Market Research Specialist, Secondary Research Services
About the role:
You would be part of a newly formed Centre of Excellence (CoE) that works with globally recognized experts to support and contribute to Gartner’s vendor and product evaluation research (like its Magic Quadrant). The CoE will also identify and introduce process innovation and best practices for the research it performs, and will help develop new research methods, including continuing efforts to increase the use of data and algorithms in research. We are looking for an energetic and dynamic individual who is eager to learn about new technologies and has a proven track record in data collection, interpretation, visualization, and analysis. As a Sr. Market Research Specialist, your role would be to track, review and analyze structured and unstructured data gathered through various sources and deliver high quality research analysis to support the creation of Gartner must-have vendor and product evaluation research.
What you will do:
- Liaise with internal associates and subject matter experts (Gartner Analysts) in relation to support and contribute to the creation of vendor/product evaluation research such as Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Conduct secondary research on technology markets, IT products and services and providers using both systematic and intuitive secondary research techniques
- Compare/benchmark different IT products, vendors and collate relevant information from multiple sources by understanding online help, user guides, manuals, white papers, design/product specifications, project plan etc.
- Write high quality, clear, actionable, vendor and product evaluation advisory content.
- Build knowledge of Gartner subscribed databases and internal sources (e.g. Gartner Peer Insights, Primary Research Market surveys, etc.), and leverage them to build the data story.
- Structure and execute on project management and performance improvement initiatives to continuously drive process efficiency.
- Identify opportunities for standardization and automation to optimize time, improve data collection and delivery processes.
- Provide high quality and timely research peer review. Provide mentorship and support team members on research skills and methodologies.
- Provide support to ad-hoc project teams to achieve shared objectives
- Build subject matter expertise in a specific market over a period.
What you will need:
- Bachelors/Post Graduation in any specialization from leading Tier I & II B-schools
- Management graduates preferably with 4-6 years of experience in Technology and or Research and Technology Industry experience.
- Good knowledge of different technology markets and general understanding of the latest technology trends is preferable
- Great learning attitude and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns while drawing and defending conclusions.
- Acquaintance with premium online data sources such as Capital IQ, Factiva, PrivCo and Avention
- Experience with creating, assimilating, and conveying technical material in a concise and effective manner
- Ability to effectively process high volume and variety of incoming requests by multi-tasking.
- Experience handling multiple priority activities/projects at once within allotted SLAs.
- Ability to be organized, pay strong attention to detail, and work autonomously (i.e., high degree of self-reliance/self-starter).
- Adaptability to fast paced environment and changing business requirements while effectively prioritizing based on value of business to Gartner.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills, incorporating requirements, action plan and timeline when communicating with internal subject matter experts.
What you will get:
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, and more!
- Group Medical Insurance, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity
- Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:74868
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.