Role: Sr. Director, CIO Executive Leadership Analyst
Location: Remote US or EMEA
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
A MEMBER OF THE CIO EXECUTIVE DEVELOPMENT TEAM WILL:
- Work with CIOs and other senior executives to help them develop their executive leadership capabilities and skills to become effective leaders in the digital era
- Advise CIOs and other senior executives on how to distribute technology leadership across the organization
- Assist CIOs with their career progression defining new and or complementary competencies and how to develop them
- Advise CIOs on how to develop themselves as enterprise-wide business leaders in the enterprise by applying different leadership styles
- Create a vision and a roadmap of how effective leaders can promote transformational organizational changes in their entire companies and address continuous cultural change
- Create compelling research on the future of the CIO Executive and on how senior executives should prepare for the journey
- Provide professional representation of Gartner’s brand, research, insights, and analysis to CIOs and other senior executives
A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Collaboratively write and publish analysis and positions at a regular cadence through evidence-based research
- Craft specific and actionable advice for CIOs and other senior executive leaders
- Provide insights to clients through video inquiries and through face-to-face interactions (when and where appropriate given the Covid pandemic scenario).
- Adapt implications, actions and recommended advice by situation, industry, business area and level of leadership maturity
- Apply personal experience to an array of clients, situations and industries when discussing Gartner’s research.
- Communicate complex concepts concisely and with authority
- Work with Gartner Executive Partners and Gartner Sales executives to attract, engage and retain CIOs as Gartner customers.
- Balance written research deliverables; telephone and email client contacts, conferences, webinars, and travel requests (when and where appropriate given the Covid pandemic scenario)
- Proactively contribute to thought leadership and research communities in the areas of leadership development, culture change, talent management and diversity, equality, and inclusion.
- Minimum 10 years in a senior executive, research or consulting position: CIO, Business Leader, Senior IT leader, Senior Consultants, Senior Researchers or Advisors to same levels with a record of delivering exceptional results through effective leadership working collaboratively with CEOs, CIOs, CHROs, CFOs, CMOs and other C-level executives or equivalent public leaders.
- Experience leading business transformation programs driven by IT where cultural and organizational change and leadership skills or talent development of new competencies were required
- Proved experience in different industries is a plus
- Excellent skills in research, analysis, writing and collaboration
- Robust public speaking, presentation creation and delivery – cogently leading executive level engagements in high profile enterprises
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:74822
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.