About this role
The Senior Principal, Quantitative Researcher works closely with quantitative and qualitative researchers, executive advisors and clients to produce data-backed research and design client-facing diagnostics and tools that solve complex business challenges on a global scale. Senior Principals enjoy exposure to the full array of strategic thought work including: primary and secondary research, model creation and testing, survey design, analysis plan creation and execution, product development and testing and proprietary research exercises focused on breaking down ideas in search of insight.
What you’ll do
- Identify ways to analyze the most pressing business challenges facing executives from Fortune 500 and mid-sized companies, and translate research and survey results into actionable recommendations that clients can implement
- Dissect problems using qualitative and quantitative research and analysis skills, inductive and deductive reasoning, abstract thinking and root-cause analysis
- Partner with quantitative and qualitative researchers to build predictive models and translate abstract concepts into measurable constructs for hypothesis testing.
- Lead quantitative research workstreams, including modeling, survey design, question writing, analysis plan creation and execution
- Analyze data using advanced statistical techniques to identify actionable insights
- Assist in the standardization and finetuning of quantitative research processes that reduce friction and improve knowledge sharing among different teams and stakeholders.
- Discover new benchmarking and diagnostic opportunities and design, test and bring new client-ready products to life.
What you’ll need
- Experience managing several full-cycle research projects simultaneously including primary and secondary research utilizing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Experience managing stakeholders, specifically, the ability to critically evaluate research teams’ work while maintaining effective working relationships that advance our research.
- Experience designing research experiments and benchmarking products, including measuring concepts, designing surveys and visualizing results.
- Excellent analytical skills, specifically, the ability to solve problems using qualitative and quantitative information (e.g. root cause and modeling).
- Deep statistical knowledge and fundamentals.
- Experience sharing data insights and teaching in simple and intuitive graphs.
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel and a statistical package (e.g., SPSS, STATA, R, etc.) for advanced analytics (e.g., multi-variate regressions, logistic regressions, cluster analysis, factor analysis, etc.) required.
- Proficiency with regular expressions and other deterministic methods for processing text as well as experience in practical NLP is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills, including an ability to effectively collaborate with technical and non-technical research and advisory teams.
Who you are
- Confident communicator with the ability to teach and relay ideas to others
- A creative thinker with excellent problem-solving abilities
- An expert in the relevant, practical application of survey design methods
- Enjoy working independently as well as part of a team
- Results-oriented with an open mind and a keen attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree required in an analytics-heavy field (e.g., Economics, Statistics, Policy Analysis, etc.). Master’s Degree or PhD preferred.
- 5+ years of research experience and an ability to extract insights from data.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:74739
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.