Sr. Manager, Conference Logistics
The Conference Sr. Manager will serve in a leadership role as part of the North America Conferences Operations team and delivery of it's Senior Leaders Portfolio.
- Lead and manage the NA logistics team (Senior Leaders Portfolio) to ensure flawless conference delivery of all programs
- Oversee operational delivery of all logistics elements across complex in-person conferences (focus on NA), project management including the ownership and adherence of conference timelines and templates to accurately deliver, track and evaluate results on conference delivery
- Venue management including but not limited to rooms, meeting facilities, F&B, meeting materials, A/V production.
- Constantly evaluate the experience, feedback and results then implement changes accordingly. Create detailed post-event analysis reports and event de-briefs for review with manager/operations leads.
- Overall responsibility for regional budgets and manage conference budgets with direct responsibility for all costs associated with logistics; produce accurate monthly forecasts and manage expenses effectively for overall budget.
- Support Director on cost negotiations, proposals, contracting and terms and conditions for suppliers.
- Attend conferences as the onsite lead including managing the production schedule, conference staff and liaising with agency partners and vendors.
- Lead key conference partners and team members (internal and external) to ensure successful conference execution; build and maintain good relationships by establishing trust and a working partnership.
- Lead and manage a team with focus on development of team members.
- As the NA regional lead, be a key member of the global conference operations team – build effective relationships with peers in all regions, Partner to create global processes and team infrastructure to effectively scale and operate efficiently, identifying regional considerations when appropriate.
- Drive strategy to increase attendance and exhibitor retention for the region. Developing detailed action plans to achieve growth. Clearly understand and translate the needs of the audience to create on site experiences and programs.
- Lead and manage initiatives which enhance the portfolio, deliver results against priorities, analyze attendee feedback, and improve processes in planning and execution.
- Flawless client experience with high client satisfaction scores and strong client retention
- Flawless execution
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships
- Achievement of financial objectives and tight budget management
- Engagement and effective management of suppliers
- Exceptional operational efficiency
- Strong, motivated, fulfilled and happy team
- Bachelors degree with focus on events and/or marketing preferred
- 7-9 yrs of event operations experience, 5 of which are conference planning.
- Experience of large, complex commercial events with conference program and exhibition delivery
- Proven complex budget management abilities
- Management of direct reports and indirect project team
- Experience of working in a complex multi layered environment with multiple stakeholders
- Contract negotiation and supplier management/review
- Strong Financial Management Skills
- Effective leadership skills
- Talented Project Manager
- Fully competent in Microsoft office, especially Excel
- Strong Oral & Written Communication Skills
- Client focused
- Solution oriented / collaborative
- Decisive with a high sense of urgency
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:74737
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.