Gartner Conferences is seeking a Senior Conference Planner to join the Client Experience Team, which forms part of the Global Conference Production Team.
This Senior Conference Planner will partner in creating, managing, and executing VIP experiences and environments to the highest standard. These experiences are tailored to Gartner’s Premium Service clients, prospects and represented business units, which are delivered as an experience within a destination conference.
The ideal candidate presents strong project management skills, is highly collaborative, has experience in engaging with senior level clients and stakeholders and has a proven track record in logistical conference delivery.
• Leadership and flawless execution of each VIP client experience, business unit and segmented program deliverable within Gartner Destination Conferences
• Responsibility for the logistical delivery of Client Experience Team programs, driving member and prospect attendance and retention across all conferences and creating unrivalled ‘white glove’ experiences
• Effective project management including development of, and adherence to, timelines and templates
• Support client experience journey to ensure value and consistency in delivery for member experiences and business unit activities
• Communication and collaboration across Conference Production cross-functional teams to ensure seamless delivery of first-class events and experiences, and awareness of event strategies
• Demonstrate an understanding of the clients and products we serve - home of best practices as it pertains to client experiences
• Overall responsibility for event budgets including preparation, negotiations, accurate monthly forecasts. Alert management for risks and recommendations for corrective action
• Develop and implement standard operating procedures in line with the global standards
• Drive initiatives which enhance the experience, deliver results against priorities and improve processes
• Understand the strategies within Gartner, the Premium Services organization and various Business Units and translate these into event experiences
• Work to ensure consistency across whole portfolio of conferences
• Accurately track and evaluate results on overall project goals – be solution driven in attaining those goals and driven in achieving the results with the ability to scale for growth
• Utilize technology tools to enhance attendee and prospect experience for virtual conferences
• Deliver flawless client experiences with high client satisfaction scores and strong client engagement
• Flawless and consistent execution globally
• Quick results and ability to multi-task and stay ahead of deadlines
• Build and maintain excellent working relationships
• Develop a firm understanding of the clients and products we serve, to enable us to curate experiences to meet client needs and surpass expectations
• Successful translation and execution of business conference strategy to support client retention
• Achievement of financial objectives and tight budget management
• Engagement and effective management of suppliers and global partners
• Exceptional operational efficiency and results oriented
• To be successful in this role, domestic and international travel will be required
• Global conference production team – including Centers of Excellence, Strategic Operations and Program Management
• Logistics and Operations team
• Maintain a professional working relationship with all stakeholders, including product and business unit partners
• Third party vendors
• 4+ years of conference management experience
• Project management and/or end-to-end event management and delivery to senior level clients
• Experience of working in a complex multi layered corporate environment with multiple stakeholders
• Prior experience researching and negotiating contracts for third party vendors
• In depth knowledge of the hotel, travel, meeting planning business is required, particularly in terms of regional service expectations and negotiations.
• Global experience preferred – US & Canada, LATAM, EMEA, APAC
Key Competencies/ Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Confident and collaborative mindset
• Ability to build and leverage relationships both internally and externally
• Client focused - superior customer service and relationship skills
• High sense of urgency and prioritization, and ability to multitask across global teams
• Strong executive presence and confident decision maker
• Creative and innovative
• Strategic thinker
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Passionate, Energetic & Enthusiastic
• Fully competent in Microsoft office, especially PPT and Excel
• Willingness to travel regionally and internationally
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:74725
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.