About the role:
Gartner is recruiting for a senior director analyst with extensive experience in the U.S. federal government. This role delivers actionable, objective insights to senior government IT and business leaders as well as technology and service provider executives relevant to achieving mission outcomes through enabling technologies and innovative practices. A background working with U.S. federal government civilian and defense departments in leading and/or managing technology modernization and digital transformation programs is highly desirable for this position.
Gartner Analysts are industry thought leaders who create must-have research, market predictions and best practices for a broad range of world-leading organizations. A Senior Director serves as a contributor and leader within Gartner’s Research and Advisory organization, establishing themself as a credible voice by providing expert guidance and developing tools to enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization's most critical priorities.
What you will do:
- Develop, contextualize and deliver insightful and actionable research content to help product leaders and other business leaders in technology and service provider organizations better serve the needs of the public sector market, with a primary focus on the U.S. federal government
- Develop, contextualize and deliver insightful and actionable research content to help CIOs and other technology executives in U.S. federal government departments and agencies achieve mission priorities through enabling technologies and IT best practices
- Provide compelling interactions via inquiries, remote and in-person briefings and conferences on government business and technology topics, relevant to IT modernization, innovation and digital transformation
- Keep abreast of policy developments that have a significant impact on U.S. government markets as well as major global public sector markets
- Provide sales support by engaging with prospective and existing clients virtually or face-to face and by delivering impactful insight based on client needs
- Become a regular commentator to media following major government IT events
What you will need:
- 12 plus years of experience working in or with U.S. federal government agencies and departments. This includes leading and/or managing technology modernization and digital transformation programs as a senior leader in U.S. federal government and/or in a hi-tech commercial organization providing IT products, IT services, consulting, system integration, and/or IT research focused on the US federal government market.
- Deep understanding of government procurement processes and contracting, with particular reference to those in the US federal government.
- Significant applicable experience in government market/industry, to be accepted by clients as an expert and thought leader.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis, writing, data visualization and presentation skills; ability to work under tight deadlines and produce high quality deliverables
- Demonstrate excellence in research and writing ability
- Proficient in analyzing and synthesizing data; can effectively apply patterns and frameworks while drawing and defending conclusions to client challenges
- Strong communicator who can explain complex concepts concisely and simply
- Presentation skills as evidenced by prior work experience presenting to or advising senior executives, investors, boards, or industry peers.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, engineering, computer science or related field as well as an MBA or Master of Science (or comparable) preferred.
- Language skills: English as mother tongue or excellent, second language
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. Certain locations in the United States require job postings to include a reasonable estimate of the base salary range and/or a general description of benefits and other compensation applicable to the role. For this role in those locations, the base salary range for new hires is:
California Annualized Base Pay Range: 170,000 USD - 190,000 USD
Colorado Annualized Base Pay Range: 150,000 USD - 170,000 USD
New Jersey Annualized Base Pay Range: 150,000 USD - 170,000 USD
New York Annualized Base Pay Range: 150,000 USD - 170,000 USD
Washington Annualized Base Pay Range: 150,000 USD - 170,000 USD
Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:74721
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.