Title: Sr Director, Analyst | Government Technology
About the role:
Gartner is recruiting for an analyst candidate with extensive experience in the U.S. government sector with a focus on U.S. federal civilian agencies who can deliver actionable, objective insight to industry technology and service providers as well as government IT executives A background in working with U.S. state-level health and human services departments is highly desirable for this position.
Gartner Analysts are industry thought leaders who create must-have research, market predictions and best practices for a broad range of world-leading organizations. A Senior Director serves as a contributor and leader within Gartner’s Research and Advisory organization, establishing themself as a credible voice by providing expert guidance and developing tools to enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization's most critical priorities.
What you will do:
- Create insightful and actionable research content to help product leaders and other leaders in technology service provider organizations better serve the needs of the public sector market, with a primary focus on U.S. Federal and State government health and human service programs
- Create insightful and actionable research content to help technology leaders in government agencies achieve their missions
- Contextualize and deliver enterprise IT spending forecasts and other quantitative analysis for technology service providers who serve U.S. federal government civilian agencies, including health and human services at the federal and state levels
- Provide compelling interactions via inquiries, remote and in-person briefings and conferences on a broad variety of government topics, targeting both business leaders in technology service provider organizations and government executives.
- Keep abreast of policy developments that have a significant global impact on the public sector IT market
- Provide sales support by engaging with prospective and existing clients virtually or face-to face and by delivering impactful insight based on client needs
- Become a regular commentator to media following major government IT events.
What you will need:
- 10 plus years experience working as a leader in an IT product, services, business consulting, large system integrator, and/or analysis firm focused on the US federal government market. Job experience as U.S. federal government employee and knowledge of state-level health and human services are a plus
- Deep understanding of government procurement processes and contracting, with particular reference to those in the US federal government.
- Significant applicable experience in government market/industry, to be accepted by clients as an expert and thought leader.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis, writing, data visualization and presentation skill; ability to work under tight deadlines and produce high quality deliverables
- Demonstrate excellence in research and writing ability
- Proficient in analyzing and synthesizing data; can effectively apply patterns and frameworks while drawing and defending conclusions to client challenges
- Communication skills as evidenced by prior work experience presenting to or advising senior executives, investors, boards, or industry peers.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or related field as well as MBA (or equivalent) preferred.
- Language skills: English as mother tongue or excellent, second language is preferred
What you will get:
- Leverage universal template here
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:74721
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.