About this role:
The primary responsibility of the compensation group includes the preparation of company-wide and business unit compensation modeling and analyses, design/structure of broad-based pay programs, competitive benchmarking including data collection, analytics, managing vendors and external consultants. The compensation team is responsible for managing the annual bonus and merit planning process, preparing base salary and bonus budgets, pay and performance analytics. Consult and collaborate with HR Business partners to support their business’ compensation needs.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct compensation modeling and analysis; including pay and performance analytics for broad-based and sales plans
- Evaluate and benchmark jobs, consult with HR Partners on findings
- Serve as an advocate of compensation philosophy and educate leaders on how to apply to their businesses
- Collect competitive market pay and performance data through compensation surveys, prepare survey submissions leveraging benchmarking software
- Study market trends; collaborate with team to present findings and recommendations
- Support the annual merit, bonus, and equity allocation processes. Configuring planning software, defining, and delivering training to users, and reviewing salary increase recommendations against guidelines to highlight discrepancies
- Continuously improve through development of tools and streamlining processes to increase efficiency of compensation planning efforts and analytics
- Develop relationships with external vendors – including data providers and consultants
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years of relevant work experience
- Previous experience in a consultative compensation role
- Ability to communicated complicated concepts to a broad audience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (e.g. ability to create complex dynamic formulas, charts and dashboards)
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Ability to maintain discretion with extremely confidential information
- Ability to build trust-based relationships HR Partners and management
- Strong organizational, analytical, and written communication skills
What you will get:
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 401K matching, and more!
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:74715
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.