Sr. Director - Electronics Supply Chain
Gartner Analysts are industry thought leaders who create must-have research, market predictions and best practices for a broad range of world-leading organizations. A Director possesses a keen eye for identifying gaps, problems, and solutions within the market they serve. They use their knowledge to help clients make better decisions, solve complex issues, and execute new practices that propel clients’ businesses toward key objectives. A Director publishes these insights as pragmatic and/or provocative research. Additionally, they reinforce Gartner’s value every day by engaging clients via in-person and virtual meetings, sales support visits, Gartner conferences and industry events.
About this role:
As an industry thought leader in the electronics supply chain, you will advise senior supply chain leaders on leading trends in the industry. You will build on deep domain expertise in the semiconductor supply chain to advise on the market context and best practices in positioning for changes in the environment.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with Gartner technical teams to publish quarterly updates on the health of the semiconductor supply chain; contextualize updates for a range of key downstream industries
- Maintain awareness of future risks – geopolitical, geographical, resource availability, etc. – associated with key components of the electronics supply chain and advise clients on potential response tactics
- Advise clients on supply chain structures in the upstream supply network for electronics, and how to integrate across multiple tiers
- Develop a view for best practices in developing a robust electronics supply chain from design to deliver, with awareness of downstream industry challenges
- Conduct ongoing interaction via video calls, with clients and prospects in senior supply chain roles
- Produce innovative, thought-leading, impactful, analytically deep, fact-based research
- Prepare and deliver high-value presentations and other materials.
- Support the Gartner sales team in driving new business through proof of capability discussions
- Drive client demand for your advice and insight
What you’ll need:
- Have 12+ years of experience in the supply chain for electronics, with at least 8+ years direct experience in the supply chain supporting semiconductor manufacturing
- Have deep domain expertise in the industry structure and supply chain for key electronic components from raw material to OEM integration
- Have a working knowledge of common supply chain risk management approaches in the electronics industry
- Possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Preferably have had the experience of ‘main stage’ speaking
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns, and drawing conclusions. Have strong project planning and management skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Some international travel as required from time to time
Who you are:
- Collaborative: experienced providing service and collaborating with global colleagues
- Organized - skilled at multitasking, prioritizing, and working under tight deadlines and high volume and able to work remotely
- Confident – able to make sound decisions on projects with minimum supervision.
- Analytically savvy – have strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. Certain locations in the United States require job postings to include a reasonable estimate of the base salary range and/or a general description of benefits and other compensation applicable to the role. For this role in those locations, the base salary range for new hires is:
California Annualized Base Pay Range: 150,000 USD - 170,000 USD
Colorado Annualized Base Pay Range: 150,000 USD - 170,000 USD
New Jersey Annualized Base Pay Range: 150,000 USD - 170,000 USD
New York Annualized Base Pay Range: 150,000 USD - 170,000 USD
Washington Annualized Base Pay Range: 150,000 USD - 170,000 USD
Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:74516
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.