About the role:
The Business Development Executive is sales role responsible for developing and acquiring new clients to Gartner. The territory for this role includes specific mid-sized client accounts with revenue targets between $50 million -$750 million per annum.
What you’ll do:
- Identify and develop new business opportunities with new-to-Gartner organizations
- Own the full sales cycle from prospecting through close
- Convert viable prospects to active Gartner clients (members), leading the full sales conversation and negotiation, through to the transition of new clients to the account management team
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- 3-7 years of experience in a professional setting, preferably with evidence of prior success in sales
- Proven demonstration of intellect, drive, executive presence, and sales acumen
- Experience selling IT, staffing/recruiting or professional services solutions highly preferred
- Competitive drive with a collaborative approach. You aspire to be the best and inspires those around you. You challenge yourself by setting goals, crushing them, and helping your teammates do the same.
What we offer:
- Limitless development and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture — Your team will be as smart and driven as you
- Outstanding compensation — Plus competitive benefits and generous time off
- A chance to make an impact — Your work will contribute directly to our strategy
Join our team:
You’ll be successful in this role if you are action oriented and can deliver fast, get great results. We embrace the vision, roadmap to success and the action it takes to make it happen. We’re humble and embrace respectful, radical candor with a mindset of ongoing professional and personal development. The team is collaborative; one team, shared mission. We welcome feedback and understand the value of working together to accomplish more than what is possible individually.
Who are we:
Gartner is the world’s leading research and advisory company, offering information, advice and tools for business leaders. Our impact to organizations globally is reflected in our consistent double-digit growth for the past 40 quarters by providing objective and invaluable insights to our C-level executive clients, where we guide them to achieve the mission-critical priorities of their organization. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and now employ over 17,000 associates globally and support 12,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Our awards and accolades:
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021
- Forbes America’s Best Employers 2018, 2019; Best Management Consulting Firms 2017, 2018, 2019
- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index Best Places to Work for LBGTQ Equality 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021
- Careers & the disABLED Magazine Top 50 Employers 2021
Learn more about Gartner sales teams on our career blog. Here are a few suggestions to get you started, Gartner Sales Roles and Life of Gartner Sales .
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:74510
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.