What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join the world’s leading Research & Advisory company, you’ll be part of a team that values curiosity, expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage, while driving partnerships with global organizations to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll not only help clients accomplish their mission-critical priorities, but also grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands dedication— and rewards it with opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
What we are looking for:
Gartner is looking for an analyst to provide research and advisory to our cloud service user and provider clients in the United States and beyond.
As a Senior Director in the Cloud Infrastructure practice, coverage area will apply broad knowledge of IT Public Cloud, technologies, vendors (such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google GCP, Oracle OCI, Equinix), and deployment issues for our clients.
Additionally, there will be a focus on non-technology aspects of digital infrastructure, including data center, pricing, and organizational challenges. This position will provide advice to clients on best practices for moving to a public Cloud (IaaS and PaaS) platform as well as specific guidance to clients on evaluating and selecting cloud vendors pricing contracts and cloud centers of excellence.
This can include but not limited to topics such as:
- Cloud strategies
- Hybrid digital infrastructure
- Multi-cloud architectures
- Cloud Platforms
- Cloud Security
- Cloud Native Infrastructure
- Cloud infrastructure and platform services (CIPS, IaaS, PaaS),
- Consulting, implementation, integration, or runtime services associated with these
- SaaS implementation on top of cloud infrastructure sometimes known as SaaS Ops.
- Industry cloud implementations (for specific sectors)
- Cloud governance
- Sovereign Cloud
- Cloud Sustainability
- Edge Infrastructure Solutions
- Cloud & Digital transformation
- Integration with SaaS
You will work with a collaborative team of highly experienced analysts and advisors to build authoritative research and advice that directly addresses the priorities and challenges of cloud service provider clients.
- Serving as an authority on the technology market, buyer behavior, and local market implications (including regulatory and compliance) that affect the way cloud services are delivered across the US.
- Creating “how to” research and advice on best and emerging practices for buyers and sellers of technology across these requirements.
- Supporting our sales and client service teams in delivering insight to clients and prospects.
- Presenting on cloud services research and related thought leadership in one to one and one to many forums, including client presentations and Gartner events
At Gartner, we emphasize cutting edge thinking, disciplined analysis and most important, actionability. We are passionate about helping clients solve business problems. If this resonates with you, and you have the skills and experience we are looking for, we’d like to hear from you.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; Graduate degree preferred
- 12+ years of relevant field or industry experience
- Strong knowledge of business, technology, channel & go-to-market conditions
- Direct experience working for large vendors (such as AWS, Microsoft, Google, Oracle, Equinix, IBM)
- Deep understanding of the IaaS, PaaS or Cloud Infrastructure and Platform Services markets, the strengths of the hyperscalers, and the competitive landscape for adjunct IT services.
- Demonstrate executive presence; can immediately establish credibility with executives and additional stakeholders. Candidate should have demonstrated expertise in advising executives on their mission critical priorities
- Strong written and verbal proficiency, analytical and presentation skills; ability to engage clients and respond effectively to questions
- Strong organizational skills; ability to work under tight deadlines and produce high quality deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-motivated manner but within a collaborative team environment.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. Certain locations in the United States require job postings to include a reasonable estimate of the base salary range and/or a general description of benefits and other compensation applicable to the role. For this role in those locations, the base salary range for new hires is:
California Annualized Base Pay Range: 150,000 USD - 170,000 USD
Colorado Annualized Base Pay Range: 150,000 USD - 170,000 USD
New Jersey Annualized Base Pay Range: 150,000 USD - 170,000 USD
New York Annualized Base Pay Range: 150,000 USD - 170,000 USD
Washington Annualized Base Pay Range: 150,000 USD - 170,000 USD
Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:74287
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.