About the team:
Gartner is seeking a motivated Sr. UX Researcher to join our growing global product team. This Sr. UX Researcher will research and share insights that impact and shape the success of Gartner’s digital products.
The role is situated within the Gartner Global Product Management UX team, is a group of designers and researchers, who embrace collaboration, experimentation, and mutual support in reaching our shared goals. We work together to infuse research into all stages of the user-centered design process, from ideation to delivery, and aren’t afraid to change things up when a process or system no longer serves us. We foster an environment of trust, flexibility, and work-life balance, and we value each other not just as coworkers, but as whole people.
About the role:
As a Sr. UX Researcher, you will help plan and conduct a variety of research projects that support product development roadmaps, including generative, evaluative, qualitative, and quantitative research. The research you produce will play a key role in informing our product and UX design decisions. You will report to our Sr. Director of Product Design and work closely with UX researchers, UX designers, product managers, data science, customer success, developers, and other colleagues across the business.
What you will do:
- Work with product leadership to identify and prioritize research questions that support our business needs across multiple value streams.
- Translate business problems to human-centered problems by strategizing and positioning research plans within product roadmaps, business rationale, and stakeholder priorities.
- Identify the best method or mix of methods based on research questions, timeline and resourcing and as necessary, employ change management strategies to address stakeholder pushback
- Teach and mentor junior researchers, designers, and product managers in various research activities
- Communicate research insights in compelling, creative ways to designers, product managers, and data science colleagues.
- Act as the user expert in the design thinking process, participating in ideation sessions and design critiques with UX designers.
- Help advance our UX research practice by proposing improvements to our research processes as needed.
- Help reinforce and maintain a user-centered culture across our organization.
What you will need:
- Deep knowledge of both qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Some working knowledge within area or function
- 3+ years experience, professional
- Familiarity with the effective design of data visualization and basic data analysis (e.g., proportion, median, average, percent change)
- A solid grasp of UX/UI design principles
- Comfort with working independently and collaboratively
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication
- We embrace learning and encourage you to apply even if you haven’t mastered all of the skills mentioned in this job description
Who you are:
- A problem-solver who gets excited about unstructured problems and designing solutions that provide an effortless experience for users.
- An influential leader who achieves results. People choose to follow you because they trust your instincts and approach.
- A team player gets along well with colleagues and is always ready to get things done. You enjoy working on projects with multiple people and sharing knowledge.
- A passionate learner who thrives on complex technical challenges and is always eager to learn the latest tools, technologies, and techniques.
What you will get:
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 401K matching, and more!
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:74264
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.