About the role:
This is a unique opportunity to make an impact on new product development and management for Gartner’s IT End-User products teams which is the largest business unit in Gartner. The VP, Product Management will be a key driver for our ongoing transformation of a >$1Bn business and will be responsible for maximizing value for our clients resulting from the innovations to our products. This person is a critical member of the cross-functional leadership team and will be responsible for product planning and execution throughout the Product Lifecycle, including: quantitative and qualitative analysis to identify cross-practice innovations, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, implement and launch, track progress and drive impact. Leveraging scalable best practices and identifying and implementing market-driven enhancements, this role will significantly contribute to achieving sustained double-digit revenue growth and strong retention.
This role will lead product innovations targeting our largest and strategically important Global Enterprise clients. This leader must have a real passion for understanding client needs and a strong motivation to solve their problems. Must enjoy solving complex problems, think outside the box, be able to lead dynamic cross functional teams and balance perspectives of multiple critical stakeholder. Needs to be skilled in strategic thinking as well as effective execution.
This leader will be responsible for:
- Understanding needs of our Global Enterprise clients – specifically how they are different vs other smaller enterprises
- Understanding how sales/service teams have been meeting these needs – and problem solve with internal technology teams and other impacted teams to think outside the box in developing scalable, cost efficient solutions to address these needs
- Leading brainstorming and collaborative problem solving with stakeholders across Research, Sales, Service, Consulting, Conferences etc. - to conceptualize solutions to address client needs – with a bias for leveraging technology wherever possible
- Creating a phased roadmap for implementing solutions + maintaining a backlog of ideas to address client needs of this segment
- Identifying “no regrets” moves – getting buy-in and implementing short term enhancements
- Designing and managing pilots to test/validate other ideas – make go/no-go decisions on these
- Building and launching a product set that is easy to understand and sell, and ensures Gartner can capture the Org and drives consistent YOY growth and retention
- Balancing client needs with Gartner’s cost/ability to deliver – prioritize enhancements/ deliverables with Gartner’s business economics in mind.
- Creating the product strategy /go-to-market approach, building the business case, getting stakeholder and senior leadership buy-in; as well as program managing the product build and launch for Gartner’s product solutions for our largest Global Enterprise clients
- Developing and presenting regular updates to key stakeholders and senior executives, including our CEO and CFO.
- Managing the product set to ensure ongoing double digit growth and strong retention – by driving sales adoption, as well as client satisfaction. Identifying what is/ is not working and proactively problem solving concern areas
- Leading and building a high performing team that work collaboratively and makes an impact for the organization
Essential must-have skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- 15+ years of progressive business experience with 7+ years of product strategy / product management experience
- B2B product management or product development leadership role experience preferred
- Strong understanding of/ Experience in working with $10B+/ XXL Entp – familiarity with how org structures/ dynamics/ needs/ expectations are different vs smaller size Entp.
- Track record of solving client problems with technology based solutions
- Track record of launching successful new products and managing them through periods of continued strong growth and retention
- Ability to effectively manage multiple stakeholders to ensure everyone feels heard and is bought-in
- Experience with market research, market opportunity sizing, market segmentation, pricing, creating value proposition, communication and training etc.
- Commercial acumen and experience in working with sales; building business cases and getting buy-in from senior leadership
- Strong quantitative and qualitative business analytics, including ability to turn quantitative analysis into actionable recommendations with measurable business impact
- Ability to lead/influence cross-functional teams across all levels of the organization and work collaboratively in a matrixed environment
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; Experience with presenting to senior executives
- Be able to build, measure and learn iteratively (Growth Mindset. Can-do mentality)
- A bias for action, including balancing tradeoffs, a willingness to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to get things done
- Ability to work in a culture that thrives on feedback and seeks opportunities to stretch outside your comfort zone
- Ability to coach/mentor team members and build a work culture that welcomes different points of view that are well thought out in a constructive way that makes every decision better
What you will get:
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 401K matching and more!
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity
- Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:74198
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.