About the role:
The Market Research Sr. Specialist is responsible for conducting primary research to inform Gartner insights. This includes designing quantitative/qualitative research, analyzing and visualizing data, and ensuring appropriate interpretation and data usage across Gartner’s research organization.
What you will do:
- Perform scoping, questionnaire development, and results analysis for basic primary research studies.
- Provide methodological guidance and input on research scope to ensure its feasible and within budget.
- Design surveys based on research hypotheses that address clients’ mission critical priorities.
- Have a working knowledge of advanced analytics methods that can be applied to quantitative surveys.
- Work with Data Collection and Data Management partners to monitor fieldwork and ensure quality outcomes.
- Project and stakeholder management.
- Analyze and interpret primary research data to identify key findings.
- Design visuals that convey results in an impactful manner, aligned to Gartner brand.
- Present and review study results through focused deliverables, initial findings, and methodology statements.
- Collaborate with Analysts to identify key findings for written research, client engagements and event presentations.
- Support written research attributed to study findings through additional data cuts and interpretation discussions.
- Safeguard Gartner’s content by reviewing data use for quality, accuracy, and correct interpretation.
- Facilitate opportunities to leverage results and ensure return on research investment (may include presenting results, responding to analyst requests for data and/or graphics creation, etc.).
- Contribute to team evolution and strategy through self-development/ upskilling and collaboration with peers.
What you will need:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- 3-5 years of experience in executing end-to-end primary research projects (business and/or consumer); preferably in a market research agency, or business strategy consultancy.
- IT literate and interest in IT content knowledge.
- Experienced in designing and analyzing quantitative survey data.
- Experience with advanced analytical techniques (regression, clustering, factor analysis etc.) is an advantage.
- Current on primary research trends and innovations
- Working knowledge of: Microsoft Office Suite - advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Working knowledge of: R/ RStudio, Python, SPSS
- Experience with: Data exploration/visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI or Decipher is an advantage
What you will get:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, and more!
- Group Medical Insurance, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity
- Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:74042
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.