About this role:
The HRIS Project Lead provides project leadership and excellence in execution. This role sits within the HRIS Projects team, involved in technology projects prioritized by the Project Management Office (PMO), typically cross-functional in nature. This role requires a leader with a strong customer orientation, understanding of Human Resources business processes and expert technical knowledge of Workday. A successful candidate must provide line of sight into project work, effectively plan delivery of issue fixes and product enhancements and support project deadlines while providing strong guidance and communication to the business This role is a key subject matter expert on the HRIS team.
What you'll do:
- Able to take on the most complex projects, acting as a solution architect, delivering optimized configuration and innovative products to customers' satisfaction
- Evolve the HRIS technology portfolio and roadmap in partnership with HRIS leadership, our HR business owners, and other stakeholders across the business
- Proactively partner with the business and Functional CoE’s to understand business issues, analyze data, and suggest ways to leverage Workday to enhance their services.
- Maintain relationships and lead project meetings with key business partners to ensure planning, prioritization, visibility and partnerships for enhancements
- Participate in and lead project requirements gathering sessions with functional subject matter experts, IT and users
- Project Management (within HRIS), defining HR technology requirements, testing approach and deployment strategy for various projects and providing overall project status, risks, issues across portfolio of projects they are a part of
- Serve as the Project Team support for escalated inquiries, testing and special projects that require deep technical expertise
- Own and execute on system administration for Workday, including configuration, business processes, security & compliance, notifications, data and configuration migration and knowledge transfer to other HRIS Operations and Development teams
- Execute quality assurance efforts to ensure the accuracy of data and information
- Create EIB and mass data change templates and processes
- Drive and maintain capability-specific, vendor-led releases and system enhancements, including the configuration and development of new features, deploying enhancements, reporting & analytics needs, as well as creation and execution of test plans, user acceptance and regression testing
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience configuring and managing HR systems, including experience with business processes, data structures, domain and BP security, EIBs, reporting & calculated fields, data auditing
- Workday configuration and administration experience is preferred; applicable SaaS experience required
- Cornerstone OnDemand experience is preferred, or similar LMS/LXP administrative experience
- Knowledge of HR business processes
- System implementation/deployment and change management experience is preferred
- Experience developing reports and calculated fields in Workday is preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong service orientation with a high sense of ownership and accountability
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Strong work ethic and motivated to achieve goals and exceed expectations
- Exceptional time management skills and an ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Superior interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- High level of executive presence
Who you are:
- A ‘systems’ thinker with a process orientation and significant attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work at a fast pace with shifting priorities
- Strong research and troubleshooting skills
- Self-starter with superior drive and initiative
- Ability to adapt to change
- Continually looks to share and improve working practice in the team
- Positive, client-focused mindset
- Excellent level of detail
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:74002
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.