About Gartner Digital Markets:
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
Gartner Digital Markets is looking for a Manager of Business Development to work with our global mid-market sales organization and manage a team of Business Development Executives. Our Mid-Market Business Development team is the foundation of Gartner Digital Markets’ sales organization. They are the revenue generating engine behind all of our success. The Manager of Business Development’s primary role is to attract, lead, coach and develop a team of quota-bearing associates to drive revenue for Gartner Digital Markets.
What You Will do:
- Achieve or overachieve vendor acquisition and revenue targets
- Coach and develop direct reports on a regular basis
- Improve the team's success through effective leadership and mentorship
- Take ownership for own professional growth and support the team's professional growth
- Attract and retain top talent within sales team by following Gartner's validated recruitment methodology, with a strong focus on building a pipeline of candidates for potential open territories
- Drive high activity by conducting team prospecting sessions with direct reports
- Take hands-on responsibility for driving revenue growth and customer value.
- Deliver against monthly, quarterly, and annual targets set by senior sales leadership
What You will need:
- Bachelor's degree is preferred
- 2 - 4 years of proven consultative sales experience in technology (services or software)
- 1-3 years proven sales leadership experience preferred
- Internal candidates should have a demonstrated track record of successful performance
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change.
- Be teachable and open to best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement.
- Be consistent at delivering results through perseverance, humility, and a positive outlook in the face of challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, mentor and motivate sales associates
- Knowledge of business development best practices and methodologies
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:73961
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.