About the Role:
The Customer Experience (CX) & Sales team is a highly collaborative and diverse team that covers a broad range of topics on Customer Experience strategies and CRM technologies. We are looking for a CRM analyst to support our Gartner for Technical Professionals (GTP) product and work with the broader GTP research Community. GTP analysts produce research that answers the most pressing questions for technical professionals in government, commercial and not-for-profit organizations. GTP research is delivered in the form of written documents, presentations, inquiries, videos, blogs, and other forms of social media. A GTP analyst is an articulate thought-leader as well as an inquisitive student. The ideal candidate will have a hands-on practitioner background from working in advanced technical roles (e.g. Director, Architect, or Senior Technical Lead of CRM technologies) and be able to collaboratively work with the broader CX analyst community supporting IT Leader roles.
- Develop thought leading research.
- Work with clients on strategic and tactical technology challenges.
- Deliver presentations at Gartner events, including Catalyst, Summits, and Symposia.
- Work with cloud, software, and other technology vendors on product and industry direction.
- Attain industry leadership by responding to press inquiries and speaking at industry events.
- Support Gartner sales with client visits and consultation.
- Contribute to research and agenda planning.
- GTP is seeking an experienced technical professional with CRM knowledge. Qualified candidates should demonstrate expertise in the following areas:
- Subject matter expertise in CRM architecture and technologies. Knowledge of the enterprise landscape, and the competitive interplay between established CRM vendors, emerging providers, disruptors and industry partnerships. Demonstrated understanding of cross-industry enterprise CRM applications and opportunities in that market.
- Architecting and implementation of CRM applications across business domains within the enterprise. Experience with applications that support sales, customer service, marketing or digital commerce and how these integrate to support the customer experience and an enterprise customer technology platform. Experience with integration between CRM and digital workplace applications.
- Creating an enterprise strategy with practical steps for the implementation of cross-industry CRM applications that support a variety of customer experience and CRM use cases.
- Deep knowledge and experience implementing CRM applications from vendors such as Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, Oracle and/or SAP preferred.
- The successful candidate has substantial expertise and is likely to be viewed as an evangelist for these topics in the industry or within an enterprise.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in a research or technology related role
- Candidates may come from an end user environment, software vendor in the product team, implementation partner, and/or a consulting background in this space.
- While hands-on technical knowledge and experience is critical, it is equally important that the successful candidate has the ability to see beyond technology to meet business and commercial aims.
- Excellent writing and research skills, coupled with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, including small to large audiences (500+ people)
- Excellent collaboration skills, able to graciously give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to take a position, based on facts, and support that position to clients, both external and internal, with clear analysis. Willingness to openly consider new information.
- Broad knowledge of industry trends and emerging communications and collaboration technologies.
- Ability to identify how changing technologies will impact technology choices in architectural decisions.
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of the time, mostly within the region (NA), some international travel, global conditions permitting.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. Certain locations in the United States require job postings to include a reasonable estimate of the base salary range and/or a general description of benefits and other compensation applicable to the role. For this role in those locations, the base salary range for new hires is:
California Annualized Base Pay Range: 130,000 USD - 150,000 USD
Colorado Annualized Base Pay Range: 130,000 USD - 150,000 USD
New Jersey Annualized Base Pay Range: 130,000 USD - 150,000 USD
New York Annualized Base Pay Range: 130,000 USD - 150,000 USD
Washington Annualized Base Pay Range: 130,000 USD - 150,000 USD
Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:73915
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.