About Gartner Digital Markets:
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and agility of working for a startup within a stable, large, established organization. We serve as an opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
We’re looking for a Product Catalog Specialist to support the GDM catalog team with the ongoing creation, management, research, and updating of product listing data. You’ll learn and comprehend the functionality of various software products and types, to determine if and where products are a good fit for one or all GDM sites.
What You Will do:
- Write and edit product descriptions to provide copy that's clear, impartial, and useful to software buyers, in addition to liaising with client success, marketing, and sales teams across GDM regarding product mapping, new vendors, and handling of product information.
- Conduct online research on product offerings; fact-check and validate product information submitted by software vendors.
- Learn and comprehend the functionality of various software/service offerings and ultimately determine if and where an appropriate fit exists within our Catalog.
- Work alongside peers and managers to research, evaluate, and bring categories to market
- Support all three GDM sites in keeping product profiles up-to-date and accurate, whilst ensuring that all product pages adhere to our guidelines and established best practices for publishing.
- Work closely with colleagues and contractors across 4 time zones to provide constant feedback for continuous growth; and ensure guidelines, processes and data are shared efficiently across the three properties.
- Collaborate on catalog maintenance projects.
What You Will Need:
- Native level English.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- An understanding of the B2B software industry.
- At least 2 years in a professional environment.
- Strong Excel and/or Google Sheets skills.
- Technical writing and research skills.
Who We Are:
- Action Oriented - Deliver fast, get great results. We embrace the vision, roadmap to success and the action it takes to make it happen.
- Intellectually Curious - Seek to learn, love to teach. We’re humble and embrace respectful, radical candor with a mindset of ongoing professional and personal development.
- Collaborative - One team, shared mission. We welcome feedback and understand the value of working together to accomplish more than what is possible individually.
What We Offer:
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture — Your team will be as smart and driven as you.
- Outstanding compensation — Plus competitive benefits and generous time off.
- A chance to make an impact — Your work will contribute directly to our strategy.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:73911
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.