About this role:
The Specialist, Content Compliance is responsible for ensuring conformity with Gartner’s Content Compliance Policy by clients and other third parties with permission to use Gartner’s intellectual property.
What you’ll do:
- Manage multiple email and Onit intake queues (Quote Requests, , etc.) containing inbound requests and questions from various internal and external constituencies.
- Create case files for each in our Matter Management platform; collect relevant information, data describing the matter and the content submitted for review; and if the request is unclear, request additional information from the sender.
- Accurately identify potential legal or reputational risk and other issue attributes of incoming matters, in line with Gartner’s Content Compliance Policy.
- For non-complex request or questions about policy interpretations, provide the relevant guidance and close the matter.
- For complex matters or those that involve a large number of quote requests or as in requests to use Gartner’s IP in the context of legal or regulatory proceedings, escalate the matter to the wider Commercial Legal and Global IP team as appropriate..
- Handle requests for second review of decisions under the Content Compliance Policy or escalations pertaining to refusals of use.
- Assess risk associated with quote requests and other proposed external use of Gartner IP and identify and recommend approaches to mitigate them.
- Adhere to all internal guidelines/practices/policies; recommending improvements where appropriate.
- Support the Content Compliance and Global IP team with other projects as needed, including issuance of cease and desist correspondence, takedowns requests, and other matters pertaining to Gartner’s research and trademarks.
- Assist other Legal & Compliance teams with ad hoc projects and investigations as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 3 + years demonstrated work experience in a dynamic and fast-paced environment; experience in a research, legal, translation, or compliance environment a plus
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and prioritization skills
- Confident, empathetic, analytical, objective
- Collaborative team player
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent activities and to prioritize available resources, while meeting tight deadlines, both internal in Gartner and in client companies
- Ability to make and defend constant judgment calls and think creatively;
- Experience in client-facing roles, with the ability to handle conflict and be assertive when necessary; and
- Ability to work on confidential matters, exercising sound, independent judgment
Who you are
- Someone with determination and a focus on delivering results
- An excellent manager of relationships and someone with the ability to influence without authority
- Ability to work in tight deadlines and someone who can operate in a fast paced environment
What we offer:
- A seat to the table to help drive peak performance in a growing, people business.
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo.
- Exposure to industry leading training and development.
- Performance based recognition and rewards.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:73863
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.